Norway offers refugees free flights, thousands of dollars to leave the country

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Oct. 30, 2015: Refugees and migrants gather near a check point on the Russian-Norwegian border. (REUTERS/Fyodor Porokhin)

Norway is offering asylum seekers thousands of dollars to leave the country as the global refugee crisis intensifies, and hundreds of people have taken the government up on its offer, The Local reports.

A family with two children is eligible for up to $9,300 dollars – and free flights home, the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration told the media outlet. More than 900 people reportedly have accepted.

“[Refugees] thought that when they came to Norway they would get protection rather quickly,” the head of The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration’s return unit told local broadcaster NRK, The Local adds.

Instead, applications for family reunification can often take years, and an increasing number of refugees fleeing conflict in the Middle East and Africa don’t want to wait.

“Earlier this year, the number [of applications] was an average of 100 per month. In October, there were 150 and in November there were 230 applications,” the International Organization for Migration spokesman Joost van der Aalst told NRK, The Local reports.

Housing-related challenges in Norway are also discouraging refugees from staying, as many find themselves in remote communities where work is difficult to procure, The Local adds.

The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration has said it may be necessary to cut the amount of economic support offered to asylum seekers in the future.

Refugees whose asylum applications have been denied also have the opportunity to apply for financial assistance to return home.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I've talked about this before. I have no problem with us taking tons of refugees here in the US. We have an enormous country with an enormous amount of land. We have a society that tends to integrate these individuals better than most countries in the world.

Other countries don't have the same setup and just wanting to take refugees doesn't fix all of the logistics of mass migration.

Where do you put them? How do you integrate them? Do you already have school set up to start second languages for their children to adopt thr local culture?

Even in my optimistic view of the US and our melting pot structure that allows quick integration in one to two generations, that could be outdone in geographic locations if you bring all of the refugees into a single area. You shouldn't have them in camps and you shouldn't flood a single city with everybody.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I've talked about this before. I have no problem with us taking tons of refugees here in the US. We have an enormous country with an enormous amount of land. We have a society that tends to integrate these individuals better than most countries in the world.

Other countries don't have the same setup and just wanting to take refugees doesn't fix all of the logistics of mass migration.

Where do you put them? How do you integrate them? Do you already have school set up to start second languages for their children to adopt thr local culture?

Even in my optimistic view of the US and our melting pot structure that allows quick integration in one to two generations, that could be outdone in geographic locations if you bring all of the refugees into a single area. You shouldn't have them in camps and you shouldn't flood a single city with everybody.
Agreed, countries like the US, Canadia, Australia and to a certain degree New Zealand are geared for mass migration, places like France and Britain not so much. Australia doesnt even have a real "culture" to begin with so people are easily folded into our society and help in bringing some of their culture mainly food here.

I think Britain and continental Europe have well established homogeneous cultures which clash with new arrivals from certain parts of the world mainly Islamic and Sub Saharan African.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
put them in those FEMA camps alex jones is always ranting about