Lifestyle Not for renters

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
wife and I both bought houses around 2000, sold in 04 and moved to OR. We bought a house with a 'big' yard, next to a school, and lived the dual-income no-kids life. But we wanted to have our house paid off before we had kids, and when she got pregnant her separation package put us over the hump.

And our house in OR was one of the last built before zoning changed and they capped 'urban sprawl'. Over the next 11 years, our home value increased significantly. That meant that when we sold it and moved to AZ, we could get a much larger house on corner lot with a pool, 5m from work. ;)

congrats, Freeloading Rusty @MC Gusto. getting out from a under a house note is a big deal.
and good on you, ThatOneDude @ThatOneDude. this is going to get you there a lot faster.
We managed to get in at a very good time in the housing market. Our assessed house/ property value has gone up 30% in the last seven years.

We have recently been looking at larger properties, so we might end up back in debt again in the next few years. I have a goal of not being able to see my neighbours from my house.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Also I have mods jump me for stuff that may turn into an argument , and I see them getting in the middle of other peoples arguments all the time
Yet this crap just keeps going on

This place protects ppl who don't need it. Ppl w strong support systems and families. If you don't have all that, who cares what happens.
Kind of like a bank ......if you dont have money they tax you. If you have money they give you more.
Ok done now. Enjoy your thread

If you want me to leave you alone just say the word. I for sure will

He's the biggest cunt on the forum mate.

Just block the twat.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We managed to get in at a very good time in the housing market. Our house/ property value has gone up 30% in the last seven years.

We have recently been looking at larger properties, so we might end up back in debt again in the next few years. I have a goal of not being able to see my neighbours from my house.
Hey we have the same goal! I was telling my wife how Montana has something like 7 people per Sq mile or something silly like that. She's never lived in a truly cold area so she's a little apprehensive.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I refinanced Only for everything to crash And my good deal to become a bad one.
Fml

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
We managed to get in at a very good time in the housing market. Our assessed house/ property value has gone up 30% in the last seven years.

pissing off your back porch is the life.

shooting off your back porch is King.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I refinanced Only for everything to crash And my good deal to become a bad one.
Fml
Man if you want I can give you my mortgage companies info. They a have been great to deal with if you are using a VA home loan.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Hey we have the same goal! I was telling my wife how Montana has something like 7 people per Sq mile or something silly like that. She's never lived in a truly cold area so she's a little apprehensive.
i'll inherit 30 acres of timber and bluff overlooking the Skunk River in Iowa some day.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Yep. I told my wife once we get a country house I'm buying a barret 50 cal and I will shoot hogs from inside the house.
when I was 14-15, my best friend and I used to sit on my back porch with a 6 pack of Busch Light and a 30-06, and drill crows off the trees between the fields.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I like going out there and shooting blackbirds off the rice, hanging out the side of a side by side, with a 410, blasting down dirt roads next to the fields at like 40-50 mph. Fucking fun.
yeah - shooting crows off the back of a Banshee with a 6pack of Bush Light would be peak Iowa.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Sweet, I have peak Arkansas'd.

Also used a Jon boat in a ditch to bring fuel to a tractor running a relift pump during some floods 2 years ago. My wife backed the trailer right into the ditch, my father in law and myself were in the boat. When we came back she put that bitch in 4 low and hauled our asses out. I asked her to marry me less than a week later. True story.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Man if you want I can give you my mortgage companies info. They a have been great to deal with if you are using a VA home loan.
I actually refinanced out of my VA loan.
Taking the fees to refinance again right now is not worth it. Will take me too long to recoup. The penalty right now is only about 8 or 10 months of payments and then I'm ahead. I refinance again and will be adding another 20 to 24 months on top of that. So it'll be like 3 years total before I break even just on the refinancing if I refinance again..

Part of the reason I actually refinanced out of my VA loan was to put my VA benefits back together for the future. Trump now allows jumbo VA loans. Doctor loans are fewer and far between. So having the option to do a VA loan with little to no money down at a later date if I decided to buy some expensive house is nice to have in my back pocket for flexibility. Plus my refinance saved me money. I just didn't go as far as I could now.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Taking the fees to refinance again right now is not worth it. Will take me too long to recoup. The penalty right now is only about 8 or 10 months of payments and then I'm ahead. I refinance again and will be adding another 20 to 24 months on top of that. So it'll be like 3 years total before I break even just on the refinancing if I refinance again..

Part of the reason I actually refinanced out of my VA loan was to put my VA benefits back together for the future. Trump now allows jumbo VA loans. Doctor loans are fewer and far between. So having the option to do a VA loan with little to no money down at a later date if I decided to buy some expensive house is nice to have in my back pocket for flexibility. Plus my refinance saved me money. I just didn't go as far as I could now.
I like your plan doc, buy a giant ranch.

M

member 3289

You sound poor

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I like your plan doc, buy a giant ranch.
Haha if I do that one day I probably will be in a position that the VA loan is not so necessary.
I'm mostly just thinking about flexibility. There are some high cost of living areas that a house simply cost a lot more than no more Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac limits.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Haha if I do that one day I probably will be in a position that the VA loan is not so necessary.
I'm mostly just thinking about flexibility. There are some high cost of living areas that a house simply cost a lot more than no more Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac limits.
Doc, lets become Aruba neighbors. And then we can get ranches next to each other.