Lifestyle Not for renters

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
We’re paying a fair bit of interest - a bit over 4.5%, mainly because before we met my now wife wasn’t especially financially savvy, and got a few defaults on cards.

Those debts have been paid off for a while now and they should be taken off her credit record in a few months, so when that’s done I’m hoping we can refinance to something under 3%

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We’re paying a fair bit of interest - a bit over 4.5%, mainly because before we met my now wife wasn’t especially financially savvy, and got a few defaults on cards.

Those debts have been paid off for a while now and they should be taken off her credit record in a few months, so when that’s done I’m hoping we can refinance to something under 3%
Fuck ya! Good luck, that'll be a nice chunk of change saved.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
USAA, literally half the cost of Travelers for the same policy.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
USAA, literally half the cost of Travelers for the same policy.
I also use USAA

They will insure me on anything just because my dad was an army doc in the early 70's...pretty sweet deal for me, thanks dad.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Very sweet deal.
Yes it is
and I think he just did a stint on indian reservations as a doc, not even sure he did any basic training or anything
just used doctor skills that he had freshly acquired

and now his family has the best insurance company for life

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I also use USAA

They will insure me on anything just because my dad was an army doc in the early 70's...pretty sweet deal for me, thanks dad.
Yep. I have access thanks to my dad but the gal and I aren't at marriage level just yet so that's no help for her at the moment.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yep. I have access thanks to my dad but the gal and I aren't at marriage level just yet so that's no help for her at the moment.
interesting

I guess that is a positive if I were to marry my gal
Splinty brought power of attorney to my attention as another positive
Plus tax break

We have 20+ years together, did the proposal and rings and stuff but never actually got married.
Kind of a why mess with a good thing move, but there are some positives to it I guess.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
interesting

I guess that is a positive if I were to marry my gal
Splinty brought power of attorney to my attention as another positive
Plus tax break

We have 20+ years together, did the proposal and rings and stuff but never actually got married.
Kind of a why mess with a good thing move, but there are some positives to it I guess.

It may sound like a cliché but it's one of the best days you will ever have in your life.

Certainly was for me.

It has everything. Like ten Christmases and important birthdays all rolled into one but in adult form.

Its so special.

You and everyone you love together to make the most sacred vows.

Its amazing