Not receiving all alerts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Saw that Kelly tagged me in a post but I didn't get the notification. Noticed this on a few occasions but never bothered to double check.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
Ghost notifications imo.

But yes, its a thing, I notice it a lot, I think it happens if you get "too much" at a certain interval or something? Not sure.
Good problem to have then!

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I believe it doesn't send a notification if you are edited into a post. So if La Paix @Kelly made the post with a certain number of people, but added more, it won't let you know.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I believe it doesn't send a notification if you are edited into a post. So if La Paix @Kelly made the post with a certain number of people, but added more, it won't let you know.
I believe that is correct.

However, that's not all of it, for example, in the McGregor-genius-thread, I received 8 funny-votes, in my history of notices I only see 6 of them. And while Rhino quoted me in that thread, and it is in this history, I don't remember it being shown under the flag.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I believe that is correct.

However, that's not all of it, for example, in the McGregor-genius-thread, I received 8 funny-votes, in my history of notices I only see 6 of them. And while Rhino quoted me in that thread, and it is in this history, I don't remember it being shown under the flag.
You only receive one notice per post since the last time you checked it. If you make a post and 4 people vote it funny, when you come back you will only have 1 notice for that post.

If you add quotes in as an edit they also don't send out a notice.

Last edited:

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
You only receive one notice per post since the last time you checked it. If make a post and 4 people vote it funny, when you come back you will only have 1 notice for that post.
I don't believe that is correct.. Can we test that out? Or have Splinty @Splinty chime in?

Or do you mean checked it with being active on the site? I will look out for it then if that is a possibility.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I don't believe that is correct.. Can we test that out? Or have Splinty @Splinty chime in?

Or do you mean checked it with being active on the site? I will look out for it then if that is a possibility.
If you are active on the site, and you check the notice as it comes in, you'll get a notice for each new rating. If you don't check it, you'll receive one notice for however many ratings it has, with I think the first person to rate it as the person listed - although I'm not 100% on that, it might vary.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
If you are active on the site, and you check the notice as it comes in, you'll get a notice for each new rating. If you don't check it, you'll receive one notice for however many ratings it has, with I think the first person to rate it as the person listed - although I'm not 100% on that, it might vary.
Ah I see what you are saying, its likely. Will look out for it.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

That's correct. The idea is you've been flagged to look at that post.

If you look at that post. Flags are cleared. And you'll be notified if someone interacts with that post again.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Saw that Kelly tagged me in a post but I didn't get the notification. Noticed this on a few occasions but never bothered to double check.

I will have to check what I've set user mention limit to. Kelly has surely gone over it though because that's what he does. I didn't want a rogue user copying and pasting a mention message and being able to spam 100+ mentions.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I will have to check what I've set user mention limit to. Kelly has surely gone over it though because that's what he does. I didn't want a rogue user copying and pasting a mention message and being able to spam 100+ mentions.
I want to say I've noticed it for votes received and quoted posts too. I'll keep an eye out...

P

Punch

This just happened to me in an off topic thread. Missed about a dozen posts.

P

Punch

Splinty @Splinty this is happening a lot to me. I'm not clicking anything either. The notifications are just not there.