Novitzky: Diaz wasn’t given special treatment for USADA issue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

For a good 48 hours, UFC 244’s headliner fight between Jorge Masvidal and Nate Diaz was in jeopardy. The commotion stemmed from a USADA issue where Diaz supposedly had “elevated levels” of a banned substance.

In turn, Diaz threatened to pull out from the matchup until both the UFC and USADA fixed the issue. Everything was eventually resolved, and the fight was back on.

During a media scrum at fight week, the UFC’s Vice President of Athlete and Health Performance Jeff Novitzky spoke in detail about the controversy and how it was settled.

“To remind everybody, the multivitamin which was…

UFC VP explains how there was no special treatment for Diaz on USADA issue

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Here we go with this bullshitter and his picograms.........get rid of him

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Wasn't Nate the only person who ever said there was an issue?
They informed him he popped but we’re going to try and wait until after the fight to announce it. He said fuck that and got out in front of it.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
They informed him he popped but we’re going to try and wait until after the fight to announce it. He said fuck that and got out in front of it.
That's kind of my point.

They told Nate "There was a fuck up with your test, but it's cool we'll deal with it later." Instead, he made a big deal of it in the media.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
did i read that right that magny tested for the exact same thing and wasnt allowed to fight?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The only time you ever see novitsky is when the ufc has to cover up some shady bullshit

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
did i read that right that magny tested for the exact same thing and wasnt allowed to fight?
Magny was the same Sarm, its called Ligandrol.

O Malley is another fighter caught with a different one, Osterine, similar situation.

Neither could fight, O'Malley is still suspended at the moment.

Last edited: