NSAC Commissioner Resigns

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
In a letter to Gov. Brian Sandoval dated Wednesday, Brady said it was time to move on.

“To all things in life there is a season, and I believe my season on the Nevada Athletic Commission must now come to an end so that another exciting season may begin,” Brady wrote in his letter to Sandoval.

Brady was initially appointed to the commission in 2007 by then-Gov. Jim Gibbons. He was re-appointed in 2010 and for a third time in 2013.

“I have a profound respect and love for the fighters, judges, referees, staff and those associated with the fight world in Nevada and beyond,” Brady said in his resignation letter. “It has been an honor of a lifetime for me to serve on the NAC. I have given my very best to the Commission for over seven years now and I believe I have contributed in a positive way during that time.”
Bill Brady resigns post on Athletic Commission | Las Vegas Review-Journal

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Bill Brady’s counts out his ‘season’ on Nevada Athletic Commission | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Next month, the commission is expected to have boxer Manny Pacquiao appear to explain why he may have perjured himself on his prefight medical questionnaire prior to his fight last Saturday against Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the MGM Grand Garden. Pacquiao fought with an injured right shoulder and was seeking to have an anti-inflammatory shot administered prior to entering the ring. The commission denied Pacquiao’s request, claiming he indicated on his form that he was not hurt. Pacquiao lost a 12-round unanimous decision to Mayweather. Wednesday, he had surgery in Los Angeles to repair a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder.

Brady said the Pacquiao incident and the aftermath may have been the final straw for him.

“I know this man, he has always been an honorable person,” Brady said of Pacquiao. “I find it offensive that he’s being sued and ridiculed. It truly breaks my heart.”

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

Same as Kizer, probably the only one who wasn't corrupt

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I wonder if the Fertitta's will pop Ariel in there to run things now?