NSAC's paperwork details difficulty getting Aldo's urine sample for UFC 189

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015

The NSAC’s testing paperwork details the commission’s efforts to have Aldo tested by a third-party collection firm, Drug Free Sport (DFS). A statement from DFS COO Chris Guinty describes the situation DFS tester Ben Mosier ran into when he attempted to collect urine from Aldo in Rio de Janeiro.

According to Guinty’s statement, the NSAC authorized Mosier, a highly experienced sample collector, to perform an out-of-competition test in conjunction with a local doping control officer. Mosier’s Brazilian visa, he wrote, made it clear he would be performing drug tests in the country. A “high-ranking anti-doping official” in Brazil then arranged for the local officer to accompany him, according to the report.

Mosier set up the test for June 11 after he initially was unable to reach Aldo on June 10. According to the statement, Aldo was “very cooperative” during the test. But then an unidentified coach halted the collection until Aldo’s head coach, Andre Pederneiras, arrived at the gym. Pederneiras then contacted the Brazilian Athletic Commission.

From there, the process quickly unraveled. Guinty wrote that an unnamed federal police officer training at the gym confiscated Mosier’s passport, claiming he had an incorrect visa, and “detained” the collector at the gym.

“While detaining Mosier, the federal police officer relayed a story of being detained in the United States when returning to Brazil following a previous fight,” Guinty’s statement read. “The officer claimed to Mosier that he was detained by law enforcement officials for 24 hours and was treated poorly, noting that he was treating Ben Mosier in a more pleasant manner.

“The officer made it a point to advise that this detainment was not revenge for his past detainment, and he had the right to transport Ben to a local detention facility for processing.”

According to the statement, the local doping control officer enlisted by DFS showed up on scene and clashed with Brazilian commission rep Cristiano Sampaio.

“The local Brazilian DCO (doping control officer) … indicated to Ben Mosier that he had done nothing wrong and was authorized to conduct the test. Sampaio refused to let the local DCO (or Mosier) proceed with any testing despite their employment as a local doping control officer. It was reported only a Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission DCO would be allowed to collect the sample.”

By then, Guinty wrote, Aldo’s urine sample had to be discarded because he and Mosier lost contact with it.

MMAjunkie was unable to immediately reach Sampaio for comment on Guinty’s statement.

After more threats from the federal officer, immigration officials showed up and ruled Mosier was permitted to participate in a rescheduled test on June 12.

According to Mosier, Aldo took the test, but not without complications. He arrived at the gym late, reportedly because he was at the U.S. embassy to obtain a visa for UFC 189, and dropped the first sample before giving a second one. Sampaio, who was there to oversee the test, reportedly changed the cutoff for shipping the sample without explanation.

Then, Guinty wrote, “upon completion of the testing event, the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (doping collection officer) requested an autograph from Jose Aldo in a magazine he had brought to the collection event and to take a picture with Jose Aldo; both requests were granted.”

LINK: UFC 189 drug tests come back clean, bizarre Jose Aldo incident detailed | MMAjunkie

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
please it's absolutely correct when you have an incompetent collector. Have heard about this a lot from people doing federal probation. Have heard
Mind you. -_-
Lets be honest. Urinalysis drug tests aren't a drug test at all, it's an IQ test...... I've yet to ever fail one. Knock on wood.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
From there, the process quickly unraveled. Guinty wrote that an unnamed federal police officer training at the gym confiscated Mosier’s passport, claiming he had an incorrect visa, and “detained” the collector at the gym.

“While detaining Mosier, the federal police officer relayed a story of being detained in the United States when returning to Brazil following a previous fight,” Guinty’s statement read. “The officer claimed to Mosier that he was detained by law enforcement officials for 24 hours and was treated poorly, noting that he was treating Ben Mosier in a more pleasant manner.

this is what you call a third world shakedown

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Lets be honest. Urinalysis drug tests aren't a drug test at all, it's an IQ test...... I've yet to ever fail one. Knock on wood.
I was going to fail one so I stole my shit out the sample box when I asked for a copy of some bullshit. Gypsy bitch.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I was going to fail one so I stole my shit out the sample box when I asked for a copy of some bullshit. Gypsy bitch.
Come on Mel you are better than that, I give them my pee with a huge stoned smile on my face