NSFW NSFL: Childish Gambino - This is America

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
He's not breaking new ground or anything; not with the video, imagery or music. He's just speaking his mind, which is fine, but I've heard and seen it before. Better done. I appreciate his skills, but this is lame. Unfortunately crap like this is easily mistaken for genius.

Q: Is America the first world country most hated by it's own citizens?

Last edited:

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
He's not breaking new ground or anything; not with the video, imagery or music. He's just speaking his mind, which is fine, but I've heard and seen it before. Better done. I appreciate his skills, but this is lame. Unfortunately crap like this is easily mistaken for genius.

Q: Is America the first world country most hated by it's own citizens?
Because few take ownership of where they live these days.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Is this in response to the last sentence?
Yes. If you take ownership of where you live, may it be in a country, city, or neighbourhood. We can cast hate on what we're a part of, or own it and make it better, change what you don't like. Start with your street. No, you house, your family. Do what you want the world to be like. No time to hate when you do that.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
And who told him he looks good with his shirt off? He’s been doing that a lot lately.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I think the statements he's making are meaningful and there's a lot of truth reflected in the acting, but it's just so hard to watch.
Agreed.

But it is called "This is America". Accurate title and portrayal if you follow news events...

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Finally watched the video, I liked it. Whether you agree with him or not it's good to see rappers talking about something other than bling and smoking weed, and making videos that don't involve throwing big stacks of money at the camera and dancing with thong-clad strippers. And this video seems to have gotten a lot of traction so good for him.

My personal opinion though, instead of pointing fingers at easy targets like white people and the police, why not address problems within the black community? Many of which are perpetuated by popular rap music, which preaches a lot of shit values. The biggest killer of black males in America is not whitey or the police, it's other black males. He makes reference to the Charleston shooting, where 9 people were tragically killed, but that happens on any given weekend in Chicago alone. So in that sense, I find his message a bit hollow, just preaching to his choir.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Lol.

Eminem has done way more controversial stuff than this.

This is designed to be artistic and spark this kind of reaction. It worked I guess.shit don't fool me tho

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Finally watched the video, I liked it. Whether you agree with him or not it's good to see rappers talking about something other than bling and smoking weed, and making videos that don't involve throwing big stacks of money at the camera and dancing with thong-clad strippers. And this video seems to have gotten a lot of traction so good for him.

My personal opinion though, instead of pointing fingers at easy targets like white people and the police, why not address problems within the black community? Many of which are perpetuated by popular rap music, which preaches a lot of shit values. The biggest killer of black males in America is not whitey or the police, it's other black males. He makes reference to the Charleston shooting, where 9 people were tragically killed, but that happens on any given weekend in Chicago alone. So in that sense, I find his message a bit hollow, just preaching to his choir.