NSFW NSFL: Childish Gambino - This is America

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
We have different taste in music, no harm in that.
I think he super talented and he raps and sings.... try these 3 out

Sings in first one and raps in 2nd and 3rd....2nd is funny 3rd is fire IMO.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
He has some ok songs. I wish guys like him would just cut the bullshit and go straight to the actual problem in black America rather than skirt around it and blame everyone else. That may actually make a difference.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
He has some ok songs. I wish guys like him would just cut the bullshit and go straight to the actual problem in black America rather than skirt around it and blame everyone else. That may actually make a difference.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015

We've seen what happens when people don't toe the line: the "community" turns their back on that person. Kanye told people he supported Trump and that people should think for themselves, and now he's an Uncle Tom, mentally ill, etc.

Much easier to throw blame outward... and sells better too!

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
it is called the triplet flow and it is pretty terrible it makes every song and artist sound the same it also takes little skill.
that's really embarrassing for those rappers who spit like that and claim they are actually skilled :oops:

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
that's really embarrassing for those rappers who spit like that and claim they are actually skilled :oops:
I dont think that rapping like that means you have any less skill. I would equate it to different guitar styles, mikeal Åkerfeldt from Opeth plays totally differently than Kirk Hammett from Metallica but they are both talented players in their own right.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I dont think that rapping like that means you have any less skill. I would equate it to different guitar styles, mikeal Åkerfeldt from Opeth plays totally differently than Kirk Hammett from Metallica but they are both talented players in their own right.

Come on man, that's not even remotely a fair comparison

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

Come on man, that's not even remotely a fair comparison
I don’t listen to a lot of rap so the comparison may be off but the logic holds true. A rappers voice, tone, inflection and cadence are their instrument and that relates to another instrument such as guitar. In both caseS the artists play similar music but with different styles and tone.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I don’t listen to a lot of rap so the comparison may be off but the logic holds true. A rappers voice, tone, inflection and cadence are their instrument and that relates to another instrument such as guitar. In both caseS the artists play similar music but with different styles and tone.
it's just one very basic delivery style and a decent emcee might use it on a few specific beats, but to see entire genres spring up out of it is awful.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
it's just one very basic delivery style and a decent emcee might use it on a few specific beats, but to see entire genres spring up out of it is awful.
One could say the same about death metal growls or distorted guitars.

What some find incredible and talented others will despise and think stupid. That’s what makes music art, you don’t have to agree, understand or compare the skill, viability or enjoyment one should feel while listening but people have debated incessantly (remember when rap wasn’t considered music?) about this very thing and will continue to do so.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
it actually does take very little skill to create mumble rap

this guys does it in 3 mins.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
it actually does take very little skill to create mumble rap

this guys does it in 3 mins.
I’m not talking about the mumble. I was referring to the triplet style in general and it being used in conjunction with other styles.

I do agree mumble rap is shit.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I was always a fan of the triple time that came out of the Midwest. You got some of those great "chopper" style rappers like Tech, Krazie, and Twista. It evolved into something I don't care for, though. Some songs are still catchy with it but don't have the same flow as it used to, nor do the lyrics contain much substance. The fact that mumble rappers are using it makes it even worse.