Nutrition tips please

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I'm used to eating less carbs and more proteins on the no-exercise day, since resting after stimulus is what makes muscle grow right? (not looking to add muscle but anyways...don't wanna lose either);

does that make sense?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
My tip: determine if you want to gain or lose weight, then adjust calories and macros accordingly. From what I can make out, you don't want to lose or gain, in which case just carry on with what you're doing.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
My tip: determine if you want to gain or lose weight, then adjust calories and macros accordingly. From what I can make out, you don't want to lose or gain, in which case just carry on with what you're doing.
thanks for the input.

yeah I don't wanna gain weight right now as I wanna have an ammy fight and preferably at the lowest weight class posible. just read your latest post in Jay's thread and it almost makes me wanna lift again. if I ever fight that fight then I'll see how it goes and consider lifting.

TFK_likatiga

First 259
Feb 19, 2015
I would reduce the calories burned estimate. If you're 155lbs you're not burning 800 calories doing MT for an hour. Maybe 500.

Those apps always overestimate calories burned.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I would reduce the calories burned estimate. If you're 155lbs you're not burning 800 calories doing MT for an hour. Maybe 500.

Those apps always overestimate calories burned.
thanks. I've read somewhere that 1 hour of muay thai burns an average of 1000 calories so I started from that estimate. probably was off it was some random magazine.

I do often end up training sweating in bullets with my shirt soaked.