NXT TakeOver/Summerslam 2018 Cards

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Mean Gene is gonna send us back to the real ending of Summerslam right!?

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Well ...
We get Brock & DC now
After Monday, Brock can legally sign a fight contract (unless Vince signs him ASAP)

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Where in the world have you been young man!?
lol, been traveling the World Poppa Bozy ...

I assume Brock dropping the title opens up his return to the UFC?

Raccoon Ronda dominated ...let her have her run ...but at the next Mania -- during her match with who ever it may be ....mid match have the lights cut out and some Brazilian techno Drum beats start thumping through out the Arena ....

Then have Cyborg Santos come sprinting to the Ring Ultimate Warrior Style and put a beating on Ronda!

What the UFC was never able to deliver ...our old boy Vinny Mac will!

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I like alot of the WWE personalities and NXT has some good matches, which is why I still follow along but they can't touch what's coming out of New Japan.

IMO of course.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
I like alot of the WWE personalities and NXT has some good matches, which is why I still follow along but they can't touch what's coming out of New Japan.

IMO of course.
Have to agree, sadly. I love pro wrestling quite a bit. Reference it at least every single day. But the PPV’s have let me down recently.

WWE has a very quality roster. They get over angles and characters that should be considered dull. For instance, Rusev Day and Titus Worldwide got very over (the latter not to the same extent, but Tozawa’s run with them was gold). Its just when it gets to the pay offs it falls apart.

NJPW surprisingly gets over stories, roster and style without too much exposition. I went into G1 not knowing a single thing, left feeling like I know the product very well. Possibly helps its presented as a way bigger deal over there, maybe?

Not sure exactly what it is. Over saturation and having to do a weekly show? Thought it was the WWE Style of matches, but we can get good matches in WWE so can’t be that. Guess the writing just falls flat now and then, sadly when it counts. Still tune in because I’m a huge mark, though.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Have to agree, sadly. I love pro wrestling quite a bit. Reference it at least every single day. But the PPV’s have let me down recently.

WWE has a very quality roster. They get over angles and characters that should be considered dull. For instance, Rusev Day and Titus Worldwide got very over (the latter not to the same extent, but Tozawa’s run with them was gold). Its just when it gets to the pay offs it falls apart.

NJPW surprisingly gets over stories, roster and style without too much exposition. I went into G1 not knowing a single thing, left feeling like I know the product very well. Possibly helps its presented as a way bigger deal over there, maybe?

Not sure exactly what it is. Over saturation and having to do a weekly show? Thought it was the WWE Style of matches, but we can get good matches in WWE so can’t be that. Guess the writing just falls flat now and then, sadly when it counts. Still tune in because I’m a huge mark, though.
For me, it's writing and focus on the wrong superstars.
- When was the last time a star who was over held the Universal title?
- The new women's champ is getting a huge push and her background is a crash course because she had some success outside and could bring crossover fans
- The title pictures are a joke
- They keep bringing up talent from NXT and doing little with them.

I've only been back "watching" for about a year after a loooooong hiatus so I could be wrong but those are my thoughts.
Royal Rumble is the only ppv I've sat through the whole thing since my return.