NYSAC: Instant replay legally used for Gegard Mousasi vs. Chris Weidman

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
NYSAC: Instant replay legally used for Mousasi-Weidman at UFC 210

“Mr. Weidman was determined to be unable to continue the match due to legal blows received, resulting in a TKO,” the NYSAC said in a statement. “In New York State, it has been held that the Commission may review video evidence in order to meet its obligation to render correct determinations and act in the best interest of the sport."

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
NYSAC: Instant replay legally used for Mousasi-Weidman at UFC 210

“Mr. Weidman was determined to be unable to continue the match due to legal blows received, resulting in a TKO,” the NYSAC said in a statement. “In New York State, it has been held that the Commission may review video evidence in order to meet its obligation to render correct determinations and act in the best interest of the sport."

Could they contradict and fuck this up more?

They had the doctor doing concussion tests to a fighter who wanted to continue.

NYC are doing their best to rebel against mma being made legal.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
They had the doctor doing concussion tests to a fighter who wanted to continue.
I think the doctors are pretty one dimensional when it comes what their task at hand is. And that is the safety of the fighter. I don't think they are concerned with what rule this procedure coincides. And we want that from those doctors. The fight was stopped, thus, they go in and do their work. That is my guess on it.

As for the use of replay, that is totally new to me. I still think that the referee should not have stopped the fight, that is where most of the responsibility lies. The fight would have most likely ended the same, as Chris has been on the other side of knees before and hasn't shown (who does) resilience in those situations.

I also think that if Chris got up and said "what the fuck, let me fight" immediately -without the 5 minute rest period- we would have seen a continuation or, other type of decision as for the outcome of that fight. I am happy with the result of the fight. Gegard Moussasi did not do anything illegal, Weidman was hurt by his own admittance, but also confirmed by doctors. The fault lies with Tan Dan.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Meh. Even if the ref stopped the fight because he thought the knees were illegal, it wasn't the worst mistake given how close it was. And I think the ref is allowed to have the doctor come in whenever they want, and they don't always call the doctor in when they stop the fight for a foul. Weidman was hurt.

TKO doctor stoppage. It totally sucks, but imo it should stand.