Obi-Wan series

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
So far im impressed. A few things in the second part of episode 1 that bothered me, but overall I enjoy it. Looking forward to how the progress the story. What are your thoughts?

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I really liked it too, although I’m biased when it comes to Star Wars. I love them all.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
What bothered you?
I don’t care for how they are portraying Leia. She talks and acts like she’s an intelligent 20 something year old, not a child. That takes me out of it when stuff like that happens.

The dialogue at the end of Part 2 was so predictable that I was saying lines before they happened. There were a couple lines that made me yell, “Oh Fuck you”.

They killed the fucking Grand Inquisitor! I was so stoked to see a live action version of him, and they kill him off(allegedly). That was another moment I had to yell out, “oh fuck you”.

To be fair, I do like it. I think they story is good so far, and I’m excited to see where they take it. I imagine they can take it a bit dark, and I hope they do.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I don’t care for how they are portraying Leia. She talks and acts like she’s an intelligent 20 something year old, not a child. That takes me out of it when stuff like that happens.

The dialogue at the end of Part 2 was so predictable that I was saying lines before they happened. There were a couple lines that made me yell, “Oh Fuck you”.

They killed the fucking Grand Inquisitor! I was so stoked to see a live action version of him, and they kill him off(allegedly). That was another moment I had to yell out, “oh fuck you”.

To be fair, I do like it. I think they story is good so far, and I’m excited to see where they take it. I imagine they can take it a bit dark, and I hope they do.
Bro, she’s Leia. Leia is supposed to be super smart. As for the GI, yeah, that was a surprise. I’m thinking they might be faking us out and are going to replace him with a new GI that looks more like the GI we see in Rebels. I’m actually not a big fan of Reva, but we’ll see what happens.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Bro, she’s Leia. Leia is supposed to be super smart. As for the GI, yeah, that was a surprise. I’m thinking they might be faking us out and are going to replace him with a new GI that looks more like the GI we see in Rebels. I’m actually not a big fan of Reva, but we’ll see what happens.
I know Leia is supposed to be smart, but the way they go about it takes me out of the moment.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I know Leia is supposed to be smart, but the way they go about it takes me out of the moment.
Her mom was elected Queen of Naboo at like 13 or 14, and that shit where she was reading peoples emotions, like her cousin, that was the Force.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
He’s not dead. There’s only been one Grand Inquisitor and Rebels takes place after this series

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I’ve mentioned it in the other thread but I don’t like the look of the Inquisitors. They didn’t translate very well from animated to live action. They’re trying too hard to make Reva a badass.

McGregor once again proves he’s the right fit for Obi-wan.

I wasn’t expecting a large role for Leia but I suppose if Kenobi were to come out of hiding and reconnect with the force it would have to be something big.

I love Darth Vader but I wish they would have left him out. Maybe he won’t be too involved? I don’t know. We’ll see but I still have reservations.

All in all, I watched three movies I didn’t end up liking to get more Kenobi so I can stand a few more episodes to get more. Plus these first two haven’t been hard to watch.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
He’s not dead. There’s only been one Grand Inquisitor and Rebels takes place after this series
I didn’t realize Rebels took place after this. I need to go back and watch Rebels, because I believe I only saw the first season. I’ll start the binge tonight.

Edit: I’ve seen two seasons.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Her mom was elected Queen of Naboo at like 13 or 14, and that shit where she was reading peoples emotions, like her cousin, that was the Force.
Right, but Leia shouldn’t being showing any force signs yet. She has no idea that the force exists. She shows none of it in the original trilogy until Luke calls to her at the end of Empire.

Even Luke in the original trilogy has no idea about the force until Obi-Wan tells him about it. He never shows any signs of it before leaving Tatooine, other than being a good pilot.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I didn’t realize Rebels took place after this. I need to go back and watch Rebels, because I believe I only saw the first season. I’ll start the binge tonight.

One of the later seasons has a bunch of signs it takes place after.

You haven’t seen so I won’t spoil anything.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

I’ve never been a video game guy, but I felt I needed to watch Fallen Order because it’s Canon. I went to YouTube and found it in movie mode. It’s actually not a bad way to watch it. There is a lot of Inquisitor shit in it. Worth a watch.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
I’ve never been a video game guy, but I felt I needed to watch Fallen Order because it’s Canon. I went to YouTube and found it in movie mode. It’s actually not a bad way to watch it. There is a lot of Inquisitor shit in it. Worth a watch.
I’ll check that out, thanks.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
it seems like obi wan needs to remain hidden for the next 10 years.

so he cant really use his jedi powers

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Do you read the comics too?
I don’t, I know I’m missing some, but I do watch Star Wars Explained, and he covers the important stuff from comics and books. Comics have never been my thing. I do read a lot of the books, but there are so many.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Dude I've read the newspaper and been a monumental cunt since I was about 5. Little buggers like her are real, I was a catastrophe at school with a similar attitude to hers, mixed in with Kung Fu.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Is it a bait and switch?

Is the real star micheal obama?