Society Oceania politics thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Two countries that both claim to be distinct, though based on COVID-19 responses, it's fairly clear the kiwis are superior.

Oz has one of the most powerful media magnates in world history and his own country is apparently so boring that he had to export his brand of boganism to the US. What's going on there? redneck @redneck Miesha's Taint @Miesha's Taint tell us all about your local politics here rather than pretending you know much about ours if you dare.

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
Two countries that both claim to be distinct, though based on COVID-19 responses, it's fairly clear the kiwis are superior.

Oz has one of the most powerful media magnates in world history and his own country is apparently so boring that he had to export his brand of boganism to the US. What's going on there? redneck @redneck Miesha's Taint @Miesha's Taint tell us all about your local politics here rather than pretending you know much about ours if you dare.

I don't bother with politics so I'm utterly confused why you tagged me....I'm also English and just live in Australia so again...Confused why you tagged me.

Thanks for the attention though.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
so who is the king of Australia these days anyways?

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
Is that some meat cooking device behind you?

Is this an area separated from the back patio via a metal fence?

Looking good fella
Just preparing a spit mate...Missus went to get some pork and some beef...I'll update as we all insult eachother for no reason.

16070597372685871987514799005305.jpg

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

New Zealand is a tiny Island with a tiny population. Jacinda Adern is a globalist puppet who was given the heads up about Covid and told to lock her borders early by her Globalist overlords.

Australia on the other hand, left it's borders open and welcomed thousands of Chinese and other international travellers for several weeks longer than NZ did.

Despite NZ's early lockdown, they still had an outbreak as soon as they opened up the country.

Assuming for a moment that the virus is real. With the exception of Daniel Andrews in Victoria, (Australia's answer to the bumbling NY fool Andrew Cuomo), Australia did a great job of controlling the "pandemic".

No one cares about Australian politics because we are insignificant as a player on the world stage. Most countries are.

That is why we look to US politics, it's relevant to all other countries, and the decisions made by the US government will impact on our country far more than the actions of our local Government.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
google Mark McGowan. He did a great job pretecting Perth from the Covid shit.

McGowan for PM!

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I don't bother with politics so I'm utterly confused why you tagged me....I'm also English and just live in Australia so again...Confused why you tagged me.

Thanks for the attention though.

Because you live in Australia. Don't you pay attention to what's going on in the place where you live?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
New Zealand is a tiny Island with a tiny population. Jacinda Adern is a globalist puppet who was given the heads up about Covid and told to lock her borders early by her Globalist overlords.

Australia on the other hand, left it's borders open and welcomed thousands of Chinese and other international travellers for several weeks longer than NZ did.

Despite NZ's early lockdown, they still had an outbreak as soon as they opened up the country.

Assuming for a moment that the virus is real. With the exception of Daniel Andrews in Victoria, (Australia's answer to the bumbling NY fool Andrew Cuomo), Australia did a great job of controlling the "pandemic".

No one cares about Australian politics because we are insignificant as a player on the world stage. Most countries are.

That is why we look to US politics, it's relevant to all other countries, and the decisions made by the US government will impact on our country far more than the actions of our local Government.
I would disagree with you on one point here: You vastly underestimate the importance of Australian politics on the rest of the world. Again, you're the home of one of the most influential media magnates on earth and Rupes has been at the center of a network of political influence that is global in scope, but most effective in the US. Further, his own local alternatives to the public media system have served as archetypes for deregulation schemes.

Beyond that, his own politics were borne out of Australian elite and reactionary interests, which have influenced the broader Pacific region as well as parts of the anglophone world. No serious analysis of the modern small government movements (which have incidentally been mostly a failure in Oz itself) can be undertaken without understanding historical Australian class dynamics and the failure of elites to dominate the local political process and thus have to export their cancerous ideas abroad. It's also worth interrogating the inter-capitalist rivalry in Oz and the political coalitions within the country to better understand how they kept the local poison to some degree at bay.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I would disagree with you on one point here: You vastly underestimate the importance of Australian politics on the rest of the world. Again, you're the home of one of the most influential media magnates on earth and Rupes has been at the center of a network of political influence that is global in scope, but most effective in the US. Further, his own local alternatives to the public media system have served as archetypes for deregulation schemes.

Beyond that, his own politics were borne out of Australian elite and reactionary interests, which have influenced the broader Pacific region as well as parts of the anglophone world. No serious analysis of the modern small government movements (which have incidentally been mostly a failure in Oz itself) can be undertaken without understanding historical Australian class dynamics and the failure of elites to dominate the local political process and thus have to export their cancerous ideas abroad. It's also worth interrogating the inter-capitalist rivalry in Oz and the political coalitions within the country to better understand how they kept the local poison to some degree at bay.

Murdoch may have began his empire in Australia but he renounced his citizenship many years ago and is an American.

He honed his skills of manipulating the public's political views in Oz but it's fair to say he's a global influencer and it has little to do with his place of birth.

He's based mostly in London these days.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Murdoch may have began his empire in Australia but he renounced his citizenship many years ago and is an American.

He honed his skills of manipulating the public's political views in Oz but it's fair to say he's a global influencer and it has little to do with his place of birth.

He's based mostly in London these days.
Yes, this is true, but his motivations for adopting the strategy that he did had everything to do with the political economy of Australian media, especially as he tried to expand his media market locally and came up against government regulations and more or less being outflanked by the ABC. His tabloid style was the creation of Ailes. But at the core was the desire to create a more fully marketized approach to media that simply wasn't possible at home.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Yes, this is true, but his motivations for adopting the strategy that he did had everything to do with the political economy of Australian media, especially as he tried to expand his media market locally and came up against government regulations and more or less being outflanked by the ABC. His tabloid style was the creation of Ailes. But at the core was the desire to create a more fully marketized approach to media that simply wasn't possible at home.

Okay, but that was a long time ago, and he has little influence over FOX USA these days, especially since the Disney takeover.

I think you place a little bit too much emphasis on his place of birth.

What we are currently seeing from the global corporate media machine, is that they are all essentially preaching from the same book.

M

member 1013

Lol I fucking love you dude