General 'Odor described as flatulence' affects crew members from Charlotte flight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Three American Airlines crew members from a flight to RDU complained of eye irritation and headaches from an odor described as flatulence, airport officials said.

At 3:34 p.m., a regularly scheduled American flight from Charlotte arrived at Raleigh-Durham International Airport.

Originally, it was reported passengers were affected by the odor, but CBS North Carolina has since learned only crew members complained about the smell after passengers deplaned.

RDU officials said EMS was called to Terminal 2 to check out the crew members who complained about the odor, but none was transported.

A RDU operations log shows at 3:34 p.m. the crew members “gave various descriptions of the smell (all indicating an individual had passed gas).”

At 4:18 p.m., a RDU representative told CBS North Carolina the “odor was described as flatulence,” according to the operations log.

American Airlines officials Sunday night said that a plane had an odor issue but denied it was because of “passed gas.”

Ross Feinstein, a spokesman for the airline, released a statement that said in part:

“We did have an aircraft from Charlotte to RDU this afternoon, that landed at 2:19 p.m. ET, and arrived the gate at 2:21 p.m. ET, that is currently out of service for an actual mechanical issue – and odor in the cabin. But It is not due to “passed gas” as mentioned.”

The flight has since returned service.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I smoked two hits on a cigarette in the bathroom on a plane, then pussied out and flushed it

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Next time I fly I'm gonna take a douche flute with me and slam a condom on the smoke detector. That should do the trick

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Did they check the aircraft's batteries? They can make a rotten egg smell when they begin to leak.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
That's an impressive fart if you can clear an airplane. I wonder what that fucker had for dinner.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
You should have been on my flight back from the states earlier this year......this lady in front of me was busting them out left and right and at least 10 times she crop dusted the entire plane behind her......her husband was an ignorant fat fuck too who was one of those who just had to recline his seat all the way back.....he didn't get much sleep as I kept "accidentally" banging my knees into his chair......

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Did they check the aircraft's batteries? They can make a rotten egg smell when they begin to leak.
Don't you gotta pop the cover on a battery before you can smell that? Also they would have checked the voltages as part of pre flight to see if they needed charging. If they were fucked it would have been found.

I've never been told to sniff an aircraft battery. A car mech I worked with told me to sniff the batteries on a truck once tho.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You should have been on my flight back from the states earlier this year......this lady in front of me was busting them out left and right and at least 10 times she crop dusted the entire plane behind her......her husband was an ignorant fat fuck too who was one of those who just had to recline his seat all the way back.....he didn't get much sleep as I kept "accidentally" banging my knees into his chair......
lol the passive aggressiveness you display throbert.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm half asleep and read that as, "don't you have to poop on the cover..."

Which would explain the smell.
I know about stinky batteries. But only because an ex co worker is ex vehicle and he mentioned it. Aircraft ones tend to be sealed units in my experience where no sniff can get out. I've never worked commercial tho.