Lifestyle Off Grid Living

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
How many of ya'll that are jerking off to rough living have actually made a fire from spark?
Why would I do that when I can buy a pack of 10 clickers for $8 and take them into the woods with me in a gallon zip lock bag, so they dont get wet?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Too narrow; that could be a 9v battery and steel wool, magnifying glass or magnesium.
Let's tighten that up to sticks and friction.
if you're making fire from sticks and friction, you fucked up a long time ago.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Why would I do that when I can buy a pack of 10 clickers for $8 and take them into the woods with me in a gallon zip lock bag, so they dont get wet?

tell me you've never been off grid without telling me you've never been off grid.

tell me more about putting all your lighters in one place and how that works out. Hope you're good at making fire with sticks.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
tell me you've never been off grid without telling me you've never been off grid.

tell me more about putting all your lighters in one place and how that works out. Hope you're good at making fire with sticks.
I'm looking at cabin videos on YouTube between conference calls from my house. Why so serious? I aint moving to middle of nowhere Alaska to eat raw salmon I catch, and wipe my ass with my hand, anytime soon.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I'm looking at cabin videos on YouTube between conference calls from my house. Why so serious? I aint moving to middle of nowhere Alaska to eat raw salmon I catch, and wipe my ass with my hand, anytime soon.
Been watching this Channel for a couple years now:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AxM9FYSs8V4

Essential Reading on Log Cabins:

From Log to Log House by Sven - Gunnar Hakansson

The Craft of Log Building by Hermann Phleps

Build Your Own Low-Cost Log Home by Roger Hard

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
if you're making fire from sticks and friction, you fucked up a long time ago.
I can't even recollect hearing anyone being in this boat.
But any man that can make fire from sticks & friction moves up a notch on the man chart, without question.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i get it, not trying to run anyone down. I was just watching a thing about how all the "primitive build" videos are bullshit, too.

I had some "bushcraft youtube hobbyist" friends try to camp on the mountain in OR. It rained, they couldn't get a fire, they came home.

I was teasing your "I'll just bring a bag of lighters" solution as the kind of solution that isn't really rooted in experience. You can watch "In To The Wild" and fantasize, just remember how it ends. :)

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
i get it, not trying to run anyone down. I was just watching a thing about how all the "primitive build" videos are bullshit, too.

I had some "bushcraft youtube hobbyist" friends try to camp on the mountain in OR. It rained, they couldn't get a fire, they came home.

I was teasing your "I'll just bring a bag of lighters" solution as the kind of solution that isn't really rooted in experience. You can watch "In To The Wild" and fantasize, just remember how it ends. :)
I would be fucked in the bush by myself. I'm more of weekend for funsies kinda guy, in a cabin with wood burning stove & AC unit ran to a generator.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I'm looking at cabin videos on YouTube between conference calls from my house. Why so serious?
The balance of TMMAC has been upset. Normally there are clueless normies to tee off on, but they're all gone now.

ManDingo

Your Mother’s Lover
Dec 10, 2021
i

You have pussy friends, is all I got outta that

Weird flex but whateva

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Anyone who has ever even tried to start a fire by rubbing sticks together knows it is a pain in the ass.

I've had one of these for about 15 years. It works within seconds every time. Wet, dry, one handed, hand half frozen, whatever, wherever.

Just about everyone that I've been backpacking or on multi-day hunting trips with has commented on how effective it is, and I ended buying them one of their own (it is an easy way to figure out a simple gift for a friend's birthday or whatever - I generally suck at coming up with ideas for shit like this).

I don't know about being completely off grid in th e middle of nowhere, but I do know when I retire I'll be somewhere on a mountain near a lake close enough to be within driving distance of a town but not closer than that with no more neighbors than names I care to remember.