General Offcial Joey Rogan Podcast Discussion Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
The reason is that it's an old wives tale. Shit, most of those foods aren't even carb heavy.
These are proven remedies tried and true tested through centuries of research.

Lets be honest here...it's Science that Carbs are the natural magical elixir for cardio + longevity.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
**eats bacon burger no cheese**
I feel bad about bun....cheese not my friend also

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Listened to that episode, Chris seems like a nice guy but I'm not buying what he is selling, mainly because on a personal level over the few years I've started cutting out meats and started embracing more of a vegetarian diet and I've noticed some pretty big gains in mental clarity along with a huge improvement in my overall cardio.

I'm under the belief going heavy on the meats contributes heavily to congestive heart failure as you age, also eating a high abundance of meats leads to a mental cloud preventing one from thinking clearly.

Fruits, veggies, and leafy greens is the key to natural longevity.
I'm glad you've made some positive changes regarding diet, but what needs to be added is that your findings are anecdotal. And we cannot forget that we differ per human body. I wouldn't argue pro or against meat but do what makes you feel best.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Spaghetti, Rice, and Potatoes all day brotha!

There is a reason athletes embrace these heavy carb foods the night prior to big game days.
Because its the best way to gain mass of calories without shitting like a brick? Proteins in large quantites would not be digested well. So for endurance athletes, yes, it's a good method. But if are not such an athlete, heck, if you don't even run or bike once or twice a week, carbing up has a different meaning for your body.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Got to keep that yin and yang jiving.
Hey man, rather acupuncture than the chiropractor, the biggest bullshit of it all. We tend to demonize these alternative ways to seek recovery from conditions, but the track records shows, traditional medicine has been killing us, we're in the midst of an "epidemic", so yeah, I do what I can to search for alternatives, and preventive practices. I hear good things about weed also :)

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
We tend to demonize these alternative ways to seek recovery from conditions, but the track records shows, traditional medicine has been killing us
Acupuncture is traditional medicine. Like cupping, all it does is fuck with your skin. The following isn't directed at you because I'm not aware of your circumstances, but the vast majority of people I meet who have health issues (specifically chronic pain) eat like shit, don't sleep enough, and never consider exercising.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Acupuncture is traditional medicine.
Not in the west. Here we get shitload of pills to treat only the symptoms. We get a 8 minute doctors visit, and then we get the bill. That has become of traditional medicine.

the vast majority of people I meet who have health issues (specifically chronic pain) eat like shit, don't sleep enough, and never consider exercising.
I run and I exercise, not overweight, I'd say, in shape for my age. But I'll choose my cold showers, intermittent fasting, and diet (which sometimes is shit) over a doctors visit. I've done that and came home with a supply of vicadine that I had to throw in the trash.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Not in the west. Here we get shitload of pills to treat only the symptoms. We get a 8 minute doctors visit, and then we get the bill. That has become of traditional medicine.
You need a new doctor. A couple years ago my brother went to the doctor and asked for a note to get a massage because he had lower back pain and his insurance would cover it. The doctor told him. "No. You just need to lose 10 or 15 pounds."

I run and I exercise, not overweight, I'd say, in shape for my age. But I'll choose my cold showers, intermittent fasting, and diet (which sometimes is shit) over a doctors visit.
I'm in the same boat my lazy fat fuck co-workers however...

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
You need a new doctor. A couple years ago my brother went to the doctor and asked for a note to get a massage because he had lower back pain and his insurance would cover it. The doctor told him. "No. You just need to lose 10 or 15 pounds."

I'm in the same boat my lazy fat fuck co-workers however...
I don't have my good doctor anymore since Obamacare.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
The #1038 episode with Billy Corgan was amazing. Been a fan since their Gish album back in '91. Never really read up on Corgan, but damn he seems like a cooler guy than I would imagine. Down to earth enough to be likable, and great stories from a golden era.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Rogan had Mick west on again for some reason

The guy seems unqualified and totally confirmation Biased...or maybe Joe is just in deep denial and believes Mick has all the information and answers.

Podcasts like this reassure the shill nature of Joe and the Podcast for me...

Why waste another episode with a for profit debunker with zero charisma/qualifications?...Why not shed light on a new topic or consider any new conspiracy with the many qualified(fact based) guests that are out there.

Last one with west got cut early cause Mick was just plain wrong/biased and now he is back on again to say the same shit again.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Frankly Joe does propaganda episodes from time to time.

Joe calls anyone who doesn't listen to Mick and the narrative "Idiots" minutes into the podcast...great way to start a podcast

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
LOL this ping pong trick

its fired from massive air gun...bet it blows a hole with the air alone

then scale that up to any situation? physics does not work like that

They just said a 500 mph beer bottle would go thru a building LOL

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Jun 19, 2016
LOL this ping pong trick

its fired from massive air gun...bet it blows a hole with the air alone

then scale that up to any situation? physics does not work like that

They just said a 500 mph beer bottle would go thru a building LOL
I'll give it a listen tomorrow and see how worked up I get.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Jun 19, 2016
Rogan had Mick west on again for some reason

The guy seems unqualified and totally confirmation Biased...or maybe Joe is just in deep denial and believes Mick has all the information and answers.

Podcasts like this reassure the shill nature of Joe and the Podcast for me...

Why waste another episode with a for profit debunker with zero charisma/qualifications?...Why not shed light on a new topic or consider any new conspiracy with the many qualified(fact based) guests that are out there.

Last one with west got cut early cause Mick was just plain wrong/biased and now he is back on again to say the same shit again.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Has to be better than that piece of crap with Stanhope last week.
It is kinda of cringe...a debunk show that only references one side of each argument

Rogan with comedians is a bomb/dud cause his ego is involved

and anything regarding conspiracy/alternative theory is played very safe because Joe is either a Shill, or protecting his Moneymaker

Confirmation bias is spoken of a dozen or more times as to why Conspiracies are believed in....yet the entire episode of this podcast is confirmation bias 101

funny in a hypocritical sense

Do love when he has an expert that he does nothing but interview(stamets, etc...) because when Joe talks about what Joe thinks it is not good IMO.

Didn't see the Stanhope....Joe got defensive/odd and I turned it off...sensed Doug was vastly more intelligent than Joe even drunk as fuck