NSFW Officer shoots and kills unarmed victim

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
What's the back story? He told the guy to stop but he didn't. I'm not saying that's justification to kill him but if the guy was fleeing a murder scene (eg) then the cop may have a duty to stop him.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
saw this...Guy had nothing on him...He had head phones in and was confused..its fucking sad day the least.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
How about stopping & putting your hands up when a cop is pointing a gun at you & yelling. That officer was called there for a reason. He & his partner went directly to this guy & drew weapons. Unless that guy had some sort of disability its 100% his fault.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
How about stopping & putting your hands up when a cop is pointing a gun at you & yelling. That officer was called there for a reason. He & his partner went directly to this guy & drew weapons. Unless that guy had some sort of disability its 100% his fault.
I have to agree.

Stop
Put your hands up slow
Don't keep walking

BUT shoot the guy in the leg or some shit.

Guy Smalley

MMA Cartoonist
Jun 2, 2015
So the story is the officer is called to the scene of three men one with a gun outside the store, that what the cop knows see

Utah Local News - Salt Lake City News, Sports, Archive - The Salt Lake Tribune
given that info, with his behavior . I have a class 3 gun licience and shoot alot and i have also taken courses in shoot, don't shoot drills. Every high school kid should take that course so they know how their behavior triggers different levels of reaction to police. It would save lives

Darqnezz

Apr 25, 2015
I have to agree.

Stop
Put your hands up slow
Don't keep walking

BUT shoot the guy in the leg or some shit.
LEO's (Law Enforcement Officers) are not trained to shoot people in the legs or arms. Its too easy to miss and endangers others nearby.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
wow having head phones in and being confused is his fault...makes me sick ppl defend this...What About him being cuffed laying there dying when he clearly is no threat...THEN sounding annoyed that he isn't responding

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fuck these cops, I almost guarantee that I have been in more dangerous situations involving firearms and explosives and people trying to kill you than 99% of these cents who feel threatened. Fuck them, learn to deal with people, killing them should be a last resort. I've said it before and I'll say it again, cops have an easier time killing someone than we did in Iraq.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
If this was your family guarantee you wouldn't be saying its HIS FAULT..left him hasping cuffed bleefing out in front of his family members...imagine have a pistol put in your face for no reason to your knowledge and see how you react...This is a fucking joke...If that was my brother we both would have died..Lets see if ppl be saying its his fault if it was their brother shivering dying confused..made me sad...Yes there is protocol but the manner he was treated after being shot FOR NOTHING is a travesty...

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
guarantee if thus was your family you wouldn't say this...i usually like your posts but this got me fired up...

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
LEO's (Law Enforcement Officers) are not trained to shoot people in the legs or arms. Its too easy to miss and endangers others nearby.
This is a very true statement, as much as I dislike police and their excessive use of force, life isn't a movie and it doesn't typically work that way.

Darqnezz

Apr 25, 2015
I know its hard to understand what happened in real time. I was going to break it down from a LEO's perspective. Then I found this.

Darqnezz

Apr 25, 2015
I train LE and armed security on Shoot-No shoot situations just like this. It was 100% justifiable. It was also 100% avoidable. All the guy had to do was stop with his buddies & put his hands up.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Fuck man. Another one of these...

I think the death could have been avoided, but I also mostly agree with Darqnezz @Darqnezz. The listening to music excuse doesn't hold up with the guy saying "nah, fool" to the officer's commands to get his hands out.

Darqnezz

Apr 25, 2015
As I read more about the case I found that Mr. Taylor had warrants for his arrest, and posted this on Facebook a few days before the shooting. Taylor wrote "I feel my time is coming soon, my nightmears are telling me. im gonna have warrants out for my arrest soon ... ill die before I go do a lot of time in a cell."

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
As I read more about the case I found that Mr. Taylor had warrants for his arrest, and posted this on Facebook a few days before the shooting. Taylor wrote "I feel my time is coming soon, my nightmears are telling me. im gonna have warrants out for my arrest soon ... ill die before I go do a lot of time in a cell."
So that justifies the cop shooting him instead of physically handling him? I mean cops are trained to control suspects correct?

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I do not agree with shooting him, especially deadly force instead of a limb.

Was the guy obeying? No.

Is it legal to carry firearms in Utah? I don't know

Was the guy walking towards the cop making the cop feel threatened, or was the cop walking towards the victim making the victim feel threatened?

Don't cops have tasers? Couldn't the cop have tased him and still got the arrest but prevented the death?

Again, the guy was walking away from the cops. The cop who didn't have the camera point of view could've tazed while the cop(Dillon) still held gunpoint to the victim.

Guy Smalley

MMA Cartoonist
Jun 2, 2015
Fuck these cops, I almost guarantee that I have been in more dangerous situations involving firearms and explosives and people trying to kill you than 99% of these cents who feel threatened. Fuck them, learn to deal with people, killing them should be a last resort. I've said it before and I'll say it again, cops have an easier time killing someone than we did in Iraq.
I have too and i disagree he has to assume he has a gun, thats what the call was. The suspect saw the cop and was on the move not responding to commands does classic reaches for a weapon, continues the cop had no other option. Because you acted a certain way in the military is not the same a policeman going on a call with suspects with a gun. To do nothing and the suspect pull a gun its too late. Imo

Guy Smalley

MMA Cartoonist
Jun 2, 2015
I do not agree with shooting him, especially deadly force instead of a limb.

Was the guy obeying? No.

Is it legal to carry firearms in Utah? I don't know

Was the guy walking towards the cop making the cop feel threatened, or was the cop walking towards the victim making the victim feel threatened?

Don't cops have tasers? Couldn't the cop have tased him and still got the arrest but prevented the death?

Again, the guy was walking away from the cops. The cop who didn't have the camera point of view could've tazed while the cop(Dillon) still held gunpoint to the victim.
That sounds reasonable but there is another vid of the same thing but the guy had a gun walking away but luckly a cop was on the opposite side saw the gun and shot him. When you have a gun the idea is to give yourself distance between himself and the cop in order to pull the gun. A taser when you think a guy a has gun? I wouldn't but go do it join up they need good cops

Darqnezz

Apr 25, 2015
So that justifies the cop shooting him instead of physically handling him? I mean cops are trained to control suspects correct?
I don't understand you guys. The guy saw the police aiming guns at him and was still defiant. What did he think was going to happen next? Did he think they were going to say "Fuck it he's not listening, let's head back to the donut shop? The police are not there to protect you if you're in violation of the law. They are there to protect others from your violation.

As for the fuck the police comment. Be careful what you wish for. The city of Baltimore & its mayor essentially said Fuck the police after the riots/civil unrest up here. It's seems like the cops backed off, because in the month of May Baltimores homicide count hit 43, making it the most violent month in nearly 40 years. Yes, even more violent than "The Wire" years.

Last edited:

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have too and i disagree he has to assume he has a gun, thats what the call was. The suspect saw the cop and was on the move not responding to commands does classic reaches for a weapon, continues the cop had no other option. Because you acted a certain way in the military is not the same a policeman going on a call with suspects with a gun. To do nothing and the suspect pull a gun its too late. Imo
So a suspect who may have a gun vs a guy who has an AK? Your right though, the police shouldn't act like the military, you'd think they'd be less likely to kill people.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You don't go hands on when you think someone has a gun.
I'm glad police are taught shoot first ask questions after. But they just want to get home to their families. If your first instinct is to shot, you probably shouldn't be a fucking cop.... Imo