NSFW Officer shoots and kills unarmed victim

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Part of the issue is we need to look at who actually wants to be a cop. And why are cops so quick to resort to violence.
Who would want to be a cop unless you have a passion for it? It's a thankless job where you are overworked and underpaid. Nearly every encounter with civilians is shitty. Every day people are lying to you, you have to see some heinous shit in the way people live and behave. It's not an easy job. It's always high stress and you need to possess the ability to use good judgement in those high stress situations while making split second decisions that could mean life and death for you and/or others. And police much like those from any profession can be dirtbags as well but they are the tiny, tiny minority.

P

Punch

Who would want to be a cop unless you have a passion for it? It's a thankless job where you are overworked and underpaid. Nearly every encounter with civilians is shitty. Every day people are lying to you, you have to see some heinous shit in the way people live and behave. It's not an easy job. It's always high stress and you need to possess the ability to use good judgement in those high stress situations while making split second decisions that could mean life and death for you and/or others. And police much like those from any profession can be dirtbags as well but they are the tiny, tiny minority.
I hold good cops in the highest of esteem. I don't mean passable or serviceable cops, but truly good cops.

P

Punch

Oh brother joe rogan and ding dong news give me a break it is a business get over it
What do you mean when you say ding dong news? Never heard that before.

Get over what? The fact that we have a intrinsically corrupt business system existing in "the land of the free" that incarcerates people to line the pockets of the already super rich? No, thank you.

Guy Smalley

MMA Cartoonist
Jun 2, 2015
What do you mean when you say ding dong news? Never heard that before.

Get over what? The fact that we have a intrinsically corrupt business system existing in "the land of the free" that incarcerates people to line the pockets of the already super rich? No, thank you.
So you are saying most of the prisoners are there unfairly?

P

Punch

So you are saying most of the prisoners are there unfairly?
All it takes is a very small amount of research before uncovering many, many reports of a very large margin of low education minorities being targeted by police for nonviolent crimes, mostly minor drug offenses. Do i think that's fair? No. I believe that what a person does in the privacy of their own home that has no harmful effect on others around them should be reason to incarcerate them. Especially when you consider how, where, and why those particular individuals are being targeted.

Guy Smalley

MMA Cartoonist
Jun 2, 2015
the young turks is by far more reputable than fox
Listen i am not trying to change your polictical views so don't bother with me the fact is the thread cops are really a problem if you give them a problem, i would dare say some on this thread have had run ins with the cops judging on the overall view of all cops fine thats your view, i disagree so lets move on i am going back to mma as i really have no issue with cops, i shoot with cops weekly they are my friends they have no agenda other than getting home each night. You don't like cops well it won't be a ganster who helps you when you call 911

Guy Smalley

MMA Cartoonist
Jun 2, 2015
All it takes is a very small amount of research before uncovering many, many reports of a very large margin of low education minorities being targeted by police for nonviolent crimes, mostly minor drug offenses. Do i think that's fair? No. I believe that what a person does in the privacy of their own home that has no harmful effect on others around them should be reason to incarcerate them. Especially when you consider how, where, and why those particular individuals are being targeted.

Oh the liberal line of i am poor so i can rob sell dope but don't arrest me. Boo hoo quote truman lol

P

Punch

Listen i am not trying to change your polictical views so don't bother with me the fact is the thread cops are really a problem if you give them a problem, i would dare say some on this thread have had run ins with the cops judging on the overall view of all cops fine thats your view, i disagree so lets move on i am going back to mma as i really have no issue with cops, i shoot with cops weekly they are my friends they have no agenda other than getting home each night. You don't like cops well it won't be a ganster who helps you when you call 911
I don't call 911. I stay armed and ready for shit to pop off. One of the unsung benefits of PTSD. :D

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Oh the liberal line of i am poor so i can rob sell dope but don't arrest me. Boo hoo quote truman lol
All drug users are evil and deserve to be locked up, but this thread is giving me a headache, so I'm going to take a paracetamol. I want to have a clear head for when I have a drink later.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
i was friends with the cop that killed two people. we did a couple seminars together for the local swat teams a few years before the first one happened. i've not been in any trouble with cops.

P

Punch

i was friends with the cop that killed two people. we did a couple seminars together for the local swat teams a few years before the first one happened. i've not been in any trouble with cops.
I've never been arrested either. Hell one of my uncles is a state trooper (his son, my cousin is as well), and i have another uncle that's a sheriff's deputy.

Ministry of Silly Walks

First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
I've never been arrested either. Hell one of my uncles is a state trooper (his son, my cousin is as well), and i have another uncle that's a sheriff's deputy.
a state trooper owned a gym i used to go to, and he was an extremely nice guy. he used to be a marine, and he told me that the physical test was harder for him, than boot camp. did you hear anything like that? it may be because he was over a decade older when he took his trooper test. i also don't know if each state's different, or the same.

P

Punch

a state trooper owned a gym i used to go to, and he was an extremely nice guy. he used to be a marine, and he told me that the physical test was harder for him, than boot camp. did you hear anything like that? it may be because he was over a decade older when he took his trooper test. i also don't know if each state's different, or the same.
Well, none of my family members also served in the military so they never made the comparison to me. You said your homie was a marine so let's see.

Going by the state of NY's Highway Patrol's PT standards:
To successfully graduate from the Academy, candidates must attain a minimum fitness level at the 70th percentile.
Minimum Physical Fitness Standards - 70th Percentile

Female Candidates

Age Group: 20-29 30-39
Sit-ups (one minute) 41 32
Push-ups 24 18
1.5 Mile Run (minutes) 13:53 14:24
Male Candidates
Sit-ups (one minute) 45 41
Push-ups 41 34
1.5 Mile Run (minutes) 10:47 11:34

vs.

In order to pass the semi-annual fitness test, you must perform the minimum acceptable performance requirements shown in the chart below. Additionally, you must have enough overall points to meet the 3rd class fitness requirements.

Fitness Requirements for Each PFT Event (Males)

Age Pull-Ups Crunches 3-Mile Run
17-26 3 50 28:00
27-39 3 45 29:00
40-45 3 45 30:00
46 3 40 33:00

Fitness Requirements for Each PFT Event (Females)

Age Flexed-Arm Hang Crunches 3-Mile Run
17-26 15 Seconds 50 31:00
27-39 15 Seconds 45 32:00
40-45 15 Seconds 45 33:00
46 15 Seconds 40 36:00

Marine Corps PFT Classification Scores (Both Male and Female)

Class Age 17-26 Age 27-39 Age 40-45 Age 46
1st 225 200 175 150
2nd 175 150 125 100
3rd 135 110 88 65

Ministry of Silly Walks

First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Well, none of my family members also served in the military so they never made the comparison to me. You said your homie was a marine so let's see.

Going by the state of NY's Highway Patrol's PT standards:
To successfully graduate from the Academy, candidates must attain a minimum fitness level at the 70th percentile.
Minimum Physical Fitness Standards - 70th Percentile

Female Candidates

Sit-ups (one minute) 41 32
Push-ups 24 18
1.5 Mile Run (minutes) 13:53 14:24
Male Candidates
Sit-ups (one minute) 45 41
Push-ups 41 34
1.5 Mile Run (minutes) 10:47 11:34

vs.

In order to pass the semi-annual fitness test, you must perform the minimum acceptable performance requirements shown in the chart below. Additionally, you must have enough overall points to meet the 3rd class fitness requirements.

Fitness Requirements for Each PFT Event (Males)

Age Pull-Ups Crunches 3-Mile Run
17-26 3 50 28:00
27-39 3 45 29:00
40-45 3 45 30:00
46 3 40 33:00

Fitness Requirements for Each PFT Event (Females)

Age Flexed-Arm Hang Crunches 3-Mile Run
17-26 15 Seconds 50 31:00
27-39 15 Seconds 45 32:00
40-45 15 Seconds 45 33:00
46 15 Seconds 40 36:00

Marine Corps PFT Classification Scores (Both Male and Female)

Class Age 17-26 Age 27-39 Age 40-45 Age 46
1st 225 200 175 150
2nd 175 150 125 100
3rd 135 110 88 65
i'd guess he was having a time with the running. he's still in great shape for an older fellow, build wise, so it must have been a cardio problem.