Lifestyle Official 2018 World cup thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yeah I've never liked it. Let's take 90 minutes out of our day to see who loses 3rd and loses 4th. Pointless. Pretty much decided I'm not going to bother.
It's a chance for Kane to add to his goal tally and take the golden boot, which he's pretty much already got.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
It's a chance for Kane to add to his goal tally and take the golden boot, which he's pretty much already got.
That's a good point. That would be really cool.
The chances of me being up at 7am on a Saturday are slim to none though unless I pull an all nighter.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The chances of me being up at 7am on a Saturday are slim to none though unless I pull an all nighter.
Just watch the highlights instead and avoid the result

M

member 3289

Bullshit. You're gonna be at the local diner getting the early bird breakfast special.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yeah I will. I really hope he does it, he really deserves it.
(till he puts a Spurs shirt on again)
You should let go of supporting a team. I didn't watch football for the last 7 or so years. It's strange now becebec I still read football news daily and when I'm hearing the commentators say players names I realize I've been reading them wrong in my head for years.

It's much more enjoyable if you don't really back a team too. Just appreciate any football. I'm glad it's back in my life tbh.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
You should let go of supporting a team. I didn't watch football for the last 7 or so years. It's strange now becebec I still read football news daily and when I'm hearing the commentators say players names I realize I've been reading them wrong in my head for years.

It's much more enjoyable if you don't really back a team too. Just appreciate any football. I'm glad it's back in my life tbh.
Ain't happening, I've been a Gooner for nearly 25 years now and I'm so damned excited about our new manager shaking things up.
I only watch the Arsenal games here at the moment anyway premier league wise because they're on so damned early in the morning.

M

member 3289

Hmmm it's local speak that I wouldn't expect her to know.....

Or at least I thought it was.

Same as twat is a pregnant goldfish.
She's been around a long time so I imagine she's picked up the slang from quite a few areas in the UK.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Here are what I think are the best 20 players in futbol of the last 30 years. Let me know which guys seem right about where they should, and let me know which guys should be lower or higher and also I likely will miss a few guys, so let me know who I am leaving out.

Also, not including goalkeepers,so best players apart from goalies I should say.

Also, the reason I went with the last 30 years is because it is tricky ranking Pele and Maradona with these guys, so we don't have to deal with that in the ranking lol.

1.Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo both sharing the 1 spot
3.Zinedine Zidane
4.Andres Iniesta
5.Neymar
6.Ronaldinho
7.Ronaldo
8.Zlatan Ibrahimovic
9.Roberto Carlos
10.Didier Drogba
11.Luis Figo
12.Paulo Maldini
13.Andrea Pirlo
14.Raul
15.Thierry Henry
16.Cafu
17.Kaka
18.David Beckham
19.Xavi
20.Wayne Rooney

M

member 3289

Here are what I think are the best 20 players in futbol of the last 30 years. Let me know which guys seem right about where they should, and let me know which guys should be lower or higher and also I likely will miss a few guys, so let me know who I am leaving out.

Also, not including goalkeepers,so best players apart from goalies I should say.

Also, the reason I went with the last 30 years is because it is tricky ranking Pele and Maradona with these guys, so we don't have to deal with that in the ranking lol.

3.Zinedine Zidane
4.Andres Iniesta
5.Neymar
6.Ronaldinho
7.Ronaldo
8.Zlatan Ibrahimovic
9.Roberto Carlos
10.Didier Drogba
11.Luis Figo
12.Paulo Maldini
13.Andrea Pirlo
14.Raul
15.Thierry Henry
16.Cafu
17.Kaka
18.David Beckham
19.Xavi
20.Wayne Rooney
No one cares

M

member 3289

Here is what I think are the worst teams in the world, using the 210 teams that attempt to qualify for the World Cup.

I'll list them one at a time, from worst to best:

210. Iran

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
No seriously m8 no one gives enough of a fuck about your opinions to read the essays you post.

You are the peanut gallery, let me break it to you, you and a few others. Luckily on this forum it is a small amount of posters as yourself, less than the amount you can count on one hand. So you can keep stalking me and spamming all my posts with rainbows and drunks, only shows how obsessed you are. You are the peanut gallery, you offer nothing.

Sit back and enjoy the show, clean the nuts up off your face, or leave them be and the squirrels will come running. FoSho

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

3.Zinedine Zidane
4.Andres Iniesta
5.Neymar
6.Ronaldinho
7.Ronaldo
8.Zlatan Ibrahimovic
9.Roberto Carlos
10.Didier Drogba
11.Luis Figo
12.Paulo Maldini
13.Andrea Pirlo
14.Raul
15.Thierry Henry
16.Cafu
17.Kaka
18.David Beckham
19.Xavi
20.Wayne Rooney
Why is Andres inesta so high?

Missing Pavel nedved.

Wesley snieder too.

Im not sure who I would switch out. Maldini is pushing it being 20 years back.

Cannovaro is a shout. Lilian thuram too. Bergkamp is worth a mention. Fuck it's hard to make a list. I might do one from euro 96.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Yeah I've never liked it. Let's take 90 minutes out of our day to see who loses 3rd and loses 4th. Pointless. Pretty much decided I'm not going to bother.
3rd place will be England's best performance in a World Cup in 50+ years.

it should be considered a once in a lifetime game.