General Electile Dysfunction: an election that lasts longer than 4 days is a serious medical problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I remember the good old days, 3 months ago, when everyone knew and accepted that USPS was useless.
Thats a strawman.
The USPS has been attacked and politicized since GW nearly 15 years ago.

When he signed the bill on December 20, 2006, Bush issued a signing statement that says that the government can open mail under emergency conditions, though Waxman asserted that the government cannot do this without a search warrant.[8]

Between 2007 and 2016, the USPS lost $62.4 billion; the inspector general of the USPS estimated that $54.8 billion of that was due to prefunding retiree benefits.[9
Despite it being in debt it was always pointed out and how efficient it was...just like the same arguments that are happening now.

Usps was going to go to 5 day weeks....8 years ago...

Just like recent talking points...

Tldr:
The USPS has been heavily defended in response to this bill ever since. The punchline is not a uniform sentiment.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Thats a strawman.
The USPS has been attacked and politicized since GW nearly 15 years ago.

Despite it being in debt it was always pointed out and how efficient it was...just like the same arguments that are happening now.

Usps was going to go to 5 day weeks....8 years ago...

Just like recent talking points...

Tldr:
The USPS has been heavily defended in response to this bill ever since. The punchline is not a uniform sentiment.
Dude, Seinfeld did whole episodes on how bad the postal service is. Unless of course you're now going to tell me that 1990s Jerry Seinfeld was a covert Republican propagandist laying foundation for the upcoming 2020 election.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Dude, Seinfeld did whole episodes on how bad the postal service is. Unless of course you're now going to tell me that 1990s Jerry Seinfeld was a covert Republican propagandist laying foundation for the upcoming 2020 election.

Yeah.
And ever since George Bush people have been saying don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

It has nothing to do with Trump which was your original assertion.

All the talking points have been going on for 15 years.

I've already given you snapshots to show it. Feel free to search more yourself.
Trump's Republicans are rehashing the same thing that was going on with Issa 10 years ago and George Bush 5 years before that.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Yeah.
And ever since George Bush people have been saying don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

It has nothing to do with Trump which was your original assertion.

All the talking points have been going on for 15 years.

I've already given you snapshots to show it. Feel free to search more yourself.
Trump's Republicans are rehashing the same thing that was going on with Issa 10 years ago and George Bush 5 years before that.
My original assertion was that until Trump started talking about USPS as it pertained to the election, the public generally regarded the USPS as incompetent. You say this has been an issue for 15 years, but if you use that handy little "Search" bar in the top right hand corner it'll yield you 2 thread results. Both of them people talking about how completely useless USPS is.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My original assertion was that until Trump started talking about USPS as it pertained to the election, the public generally regarded the USPS as incompetent. You say this has been an issue for 15 years, but if you use that handy little "Search" bar in the top right hand corner it'll yield you 2 thread results. Both of them people talking about how completely useless USPS is.
My favorite part of the internet is when people double down...

My original assertion was that until Trump started talking about USPS as it pertained to the election, the public generally regarded the USPS as incompetent.
oh man...

I just love the internet.

Oh and for measure. 2015
1597364128708.png

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

Also ThatOneDude @ThatOneDude
Check em.

I didn't say Pew was a biased outlet. I will say that you're not going to get the best and brightest answering 15 minute long phone surveys.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I didn't say Pew was a biased outlet. I will say that you're not going to get the best and brightest answering 15 minute long phone surveys.
Got it. Dumping pew and going with the tried and true.

I better get over and read two threads on TMMAC and watch myself an episode of seinfeld to know the truth then!

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Also ThatOneDude @ThatOneDude
Check em.

Thank you for using good sources, I'm glad I've been able to be a positive influence since my return. Homophobia is at an all time low, sources are no longer constant hot garbage (still a few stragglers), and a couple of major pains in the asses gone.

I find it hard to believe that many people think the VA is doing a good job.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Thank you for using good sources, in glad I've been able to be a positive influence since my return. Homophobia is at an all time low, sources are no longer constant hot garbage (still a few stragglers), and a couple of major pains in the asses gone.

I find it hard to believe that many people think the VA is doing a good job.
"Everyone knows phone polls are the best predictors of societal behavior.

- Splinty @Splinty , probably"

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Oh my.
The sweet sound of a chemical BURN...
And a brain that short-circuits...

Yikes.

Namaste