General Electile Dysfunction: an election that lasts longer than 4 days is a serious medical problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Biden?

Joe Biden and his wife Jill earned more than $15 million in the two years after the former vice president left the Obama administration, according to tax returns released by his presidential campaign Tuesday.

The couple reported about $11 million in adjusted gross income in 2017, the documents from 2016 through 2018 show. They followed it up with another $4.6 million in adjusted gross income last year. Their income spiked from about $396,000 in 2016.

The Bidens paid about $3.7 million and $1.5 in taxes for 2017 and 2018
, respectively — about a third of their adjusted gross income. They gave roughly $1 million and $275,000 to charity in 2017 and 2018, respectively.

Biden easily raked in the most money in the past two years among 2020 Democratic presidential candidates who have released tax returns so far. After the former vice president left the White House in January 2017, the Bidens pulled in millions from Joe Biden’s speaking engagements and books written by both Joe and Jill Biden.

The money Biden accumulated after his decadeslong career as an elected official clash with the image he has tried to craft as a humble champion of the working and middle class. The former senator from Delaware has referred to himself as “Middle-Class Joe” and touted his efforts to lift up union workers and low-income families.

I would eliminate Donald Trump’s tax cuts for the wealthy: Joe Biden
The two dozen candidates trying to challenge President Donald Trump next year have broadly preached a pro-worker message and lashed out at corporations during their campaigns. Other major candidates — from Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., to Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt. — have reported recent spikes in income as they run for president.

In a statement Tuesday, Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates disputed that Biden’s newfound wealth would affect his goals. He said the former vice president “grew up in a blue collar family that was forced to move away from home in order to make ends meet.”

“Fighting for working families has been the defining cause of Joe Biden’s life and the first event of his campaign was hosted at a Pennsylvania union hall where he blasted Donald Trump’s tax breaks for the rich and big corporations,” Bates said. “He’s running to restore the American middle class, with everybody -- regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation -- in on the deal this time.”

The couple primarily made its money from book deals. Joe and Jill Biden reported about $10 million in 2017 income from CelticCapri and Giacoppa, S-corporations paid for their book deals and speaking engagements. The 2017 Republican tax cuts — backed by Trump and slammed across the 2020 Democratic field — gave a new 20% tax break to owners of S corporations and other entities.

The Bidens made about $3.2 million from the same businesses in 2018.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
This actually highly concerning. Bankruptcy and debts are major issues when considering national security. Any of us would be turned down for a top secret clearance with this kind of behavior. It is one thing when it was just his companies. But personally being on the hook for 400 million without revenue stream to pay it is a position of weakness that is easily manipulated.

View: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1310354472049270784?s=19

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
People lost their minds over a $400 haircut that included travel.
Amazing we remember the hair story more than...

Him cheating on his cancer stricken wife and fathering a child with his side chick.

Also lest we forget that he had a sex tape that was ordered destroyed by the court. lol

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
So how does this debate play out?

What strategy does each side take?

Anyone lose their cool or shit themselves?

Any surprises to predict?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So how does this debate play out?

What strategy does each side take?

Anyone lose their cool or shit themselves?

Any surprises to predict?
Trump does the same thing he did with Hillary just hammering "what about..." on the established candidate record. Of course Trump now has a record too but I think independents will move to Joe if he's safe. That's all he has to do up front.

Biden has a similar low bar that Trump had in 2016. If Biden comes out and doesn't look deranged dementia joe, he wins that first debate. All trump had to do with hillary was not look like the literal hitler he had been sold. He did that in the first debate. I remember @conor mcgregor nut hugger being soooo mad when I pointed out that Trump did what he needed to do. China China China, not look scary.
Biden needs to hit 2 or 3 points and not look dementia. Same idea.

Debates 2 and 3 will be different. The first one is about establishing the memes as real or fake news.

M

member 3289

Trump does the same thing he did with Hillary just hammering "what about..." on the established candidate record. Of course Trump now has a record too but I think independents will move to Joe if he's safe. That's all he has to do up front.

Biden has a similar low bar that Trump had in 2016. If Biden comes out and doesn't look deranged dementia joe, he wins that first debate. All trump had to do with hillary was not look like the literal hitler he had been sold. He did that in the first debate. I remember @conor mcgregor nut hugger being soooo mad when I pointed out that Trump did what he needed to do. China China China, not look scary.
Biden needs to hit 2 or 3 points and not look dementia. Same idea.

Debates 2 and 3 will be different. The first one is about establishing the memes as real or fake news.
Me: Ok so you're definitely not voting for Trump in 2020, right?

You: Yeah I think so---

Me: *squeezes handshake tighter*

You: YEP, DEFINITELY NOT VOTING FOR TRUMP IN 2020!

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I'd like Trump to focus on the incredible economy before the pandemic, how minorities had the best employment rates in history, how he's brought jobs back to the States by loosening up on the crippling regulations Obama had in place, how he signed new trade deals that set us up for the future and how proud he is of the recent peace agreements in the middle east.

But my guess is Trump will blast Biden for hiding in his basement during the pandemic and call him names like "Sleepy Joe" and "Hidin' Biden".

He's been effective, but I do wish he'd behave a bit more professionally. He argues like a 3rd grader. "Oh yeah? Well your butt stinks!" It's embarrassing.

I honestly have no idea what to expect from Biden. I suspect he'll get tipped on the questions and will have prepared answers. When he tries to wing it is when his brain starts to short-circuit and random words start flying out of his mouth.

As usual, I'm baffled that these 2 are the best America has to offer.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
wtf

Administration's comment

View: https://twitter.com/alaynatreene/status/1310389339877236740?s=19

Reality

View: https://twitter.com/WaverlyHudson/status/1310407235831508993?s=19