General Electile Dysfunction: an election that lasts longer than 4 days is a serious medical problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
It's a clever commentary. But it's devoid of a solution on getting rid of the lizards with any immediacy.

Yes I'll be voting Biden Lizard over Trump Lizard.

I hope the fact that I voted for Trump Lizard in 2016, would not do it again, and would economically benefit personally short term from Trump Lizard is enough to make others consider there might be something beyond team sports here worth considering Biden Lizard.

Part of the fun of voting for Trump Lizard is the team. I'm off the Trump Lizard Train and hope that vocalizing that makes it easier for others to consider doing the same. The train is off the tracks.
In this case I'm likening Trump and Biden to lizards, with Jo Jorgensen as a non-lizard candidate.

How many people do you think there are who don't like either Trump or Biden, but will vote for one of them just so the other doesn't get in?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
How many people do you think there are who don't like either Trump or Biden, but will vote for one of them just so the other doesn't get in?
A majority. Whatever that number is. I'm sure most. Yes that's lends more credence to your point and I recognize the irony there.

T

The Big Guy

In this case I'm likening Trump and Biden to lizards, with Jo Jorgensen as a non-lizard candidate.

Most

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Jo Jorgensen as a non-lizard candidate.
Let's talk jojo...

One of her positions is complete removal of immigration limitations. she is the truest form of libertarian in supporting the elimination of the nation state. Capitalism economy market over borders. rather than create culture clashes, she believes that this will actually enhance cultural unity.

It is very popular to support the libertarian because they often come along with certain populist ideals that cross the aisle like decriminalizing marijuana appeals increased focus on property, and reduced foreign intervention.

It's interesting that many times the libertarian candidate is pulling from Trump's base, which is staunchly anti-immigration expansion.

But how many people here actually support the goal of removing any barriers to immigration? Compared to decriminalizing marijuana and other drugs, where does such a move rank on your priorities? Is it worth getting decriminalized drugs with that same package?

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Let's talk jojo...

One of her positions is complete removal of immigration limitations. she is the truest form of libertarian in supporting the elimination of the nation state. Capitalism economy market over borders. rather than create culture clashes, she believes that this will actually enhance cultural unity.

It is very popular to support the libertarian because they often come along with certain populist ideals that cross the aisle like decriminalizing marijuana appeals increased focus on property, and reduced foreign intervention.

It's interesting that many times the libertarian candidate is pulling from Trump's base, which is staunchly anti-immigration expansion.

But how many people here actually support the goal of removing any barriers to immigration? Compared to decriminalizing marijuana and other drugs, where does such a move rank on your priorities? Is it worth getting decriminalized drugs with that same package?
Ah, I hadn't heard of that proposed policy, maybe I wouldn't vote for her then.

Perhaps you need Count Binface to run for president? He was a candidate to be an MP in the last British election.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Ah, I hadn't heard of that proposed policy, maybe I wouldn't vote for her then.

You can check her website and you can check her Wikipedia. I'm not exaggerating.

But this is not unique to her. This is actually a purest form of libertarianism when applied globally.

A few years ago this came up with Gary Johnson who had previously espoused open borders but backtracked a little bit as immigration became a high point in the Trump 2016 campaign.
The argument goes that free trade could double universal GDP. And there is some data for this. Get rid of borders and you will see the entire world GDP go up. Obviously if I'm a guy in India this is great. But if you're inside the United States voting for president, this almost assuredly will lower your standard of living as averages move downward. You would obviously also see significant influxes of population numbers leading to various intangible problems that we still aren't great at solving like culture clashes.

I admit that it seems at least a consistent principle in ideology. But I must question does such a candidate realize they're running for American president?

Jojo appeals that this is a moral move. And yes in a human condition way maybe it is. Giving 10 Guatemalans a better life and decreasing my quality of life is overwhelmingly a moral improvement right? But is it truly freedom that is being sold to me the American in such a position?

I would argue that solving our legal immigration system with something like Canada's point based system (Trump is right on this) and then increasing our refugee allocation (trump is wrong here) is also a moral increase, but doesn't require such radical moves that will likely inflame cultural tensions and punish American voters economically.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
You can check her website and you can check her Wikipedia. I'm not exaggerating.

But this is not unique to her. This is actually a purest form of libertarianism when applied globally.

A few years ago this came up with Gary Johnson who had previously espoused open borders but backtracked a little bit as immigration became a high point in the Trump 2016 campaign.
The argument goes that free trade could double universal GDP. And there is some data for this. Get rid of borders and you will see the entire world GDP go up. Obviously if I'm a guy in India this is great. But if you're inside the United States voting for president, this almost assuredly will lower your standard of living as averages move downward. You would obviously also see significant influxes of population numbers leading to various intangible problems that we still aren't great at solving like culture clashes.

I admit that it seems at least a consistent principle in ideology. But I must question does such a candidate realize they're running for American president?

Jojo appeals that this is a moral move. And yes in a human condition way maybe it is. Giving 10 Guatemalans a better life and decreasing my quality of life is overwhelmingly a moral improvement right? But is it truly freedom that is being sold to me the American in such a position?

I would argue that solving our legal immigration system with something like Canada's point based system (Trump is right on this) and then increasing our refugee allocation (trump is wrong here) is also a moral increase, but doesn't require such radical moves that will likely inflame cultural tensions and punish American voters economically.
Jojo's policy kind of reminds me of this cartoon, which got utterly slated across the internet when it went viral a few years back:

I agree that it sounds like she has forgotten that she's running for American president, perhaps she should try for president of the secret one world government instead!

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

We voted for Jo Jo because Biden and Trump are terrible. Last election my wife voted against Hillary. I voted for a dead gorilla.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
We voted for Jo Jo because Biden and Trump are terrible. Last election my wife voted against Hillary. I voted for a dead gorilla.
I hope Biden dies, harris takes over, installs julian castro as #2 and he opens the border.

Then as you're flooded with unlimited immigrants, I'll fist bump you in solidarity that we both got what we voted for.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I hope Biden dies, harris takes over, installs julian castro as #2 and he opens the border.

Then as you're flooded with unlimited immigrants, I'll fist bump you in solidarity that we both got what we voted for.
It was more a vote against Biden and Trump than anything else. Libertarians tend to be dumb fucks from what I can tell.

We will never have a viable third party if people don't vote for them.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

Based on what I'm reading in here... At least 2.