General OFFICIAL 2022-2023 NHL THREAD

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Some big moves happening this off season such as Gaudreau heading to Columbus to play with Patrick Laine. A deal that eventually made Columbus have to trade away Oliver Bjorkstrand to Seattle after resigning Laine.
If it wasn’t bad enough for Calgary losing Gaudreau, news that Tkachuk wanted out broke. The deal was made the other day, and Tkachuk is now a Florida Panther. A deal that netted Calgary a superstar forward in Huberdeau and a top Defenseman in Mackenzie Weegar, as well as future 1st round draft picks. Fucking insane trade.

This is turning out to be a nuts off-season, and it just hypes me up that the season is only 3 months away.

This is the official 2022-2023 NHL season thread. Don’t fucking talk about cricket in here, no basketball, no pussy ass soccer. This is hockey you silly queefs.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
It was a big surprise that Shane Wright fell to #4, but as a Kraken fan, I’m not mad. Dude was told he’d be #1 pick his whole life, and when it didn’t happen he was visibly bummed/pissed off. He said he’s definitely going to have a chip on his shoulder and he’s going to play extra hard against the teams who passed him up. Can’t wait to watch his career.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
It was a big surprise that Shane Wright fell to #4, but as a Kraken fan, I’m not mad. Dude was told he’d be #1 pick his whole life, and when it didn’t happen he was visibly bummed/pissed off. He said he’s definitely going to have a chip on his shoulder and he’s going to play extra hard against the teams who passed him up. Can’t wait to watch his career.
What you said here reminds me a lot of Randy Moss in the 1998 Draft - was supposed to be a top pick but because of rumors of off the field troubles teams passed him up and he fell to the 21st pick....

He wanted to get revenge on every one of those teams that passed him up especially the Cowboys and on Thanksgiving day he came out balls to the wall and showed the Cowboys first hand what they missed out on...wonder if Shane Wright can do the same....

**Click Link to see Moss decimate the Cowboys back in 98**

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ-D9xIuFDU

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Jun 19, 2016
Some big moves happening this off season such as Gaudreau heading to Columbus to play with Patrick Laine. A deal that eventually made Columbus have to trade away Oliver Bjorkstrand to Seattle after resigning Laine.
If it wasn’t bad enough for Calgary losing Gaudreau, news that Tkachuk wanted out broke. The deal was made the other day, and Tkachuk is now a Florida Panther. A deal that netted Calgary a superstar forward in Huberdeau and a top Defenseman in Mackenzie Weegar, as well as future 1st round draft picks. Fucking insane trade.

This is turning out to be a nuts off-season, and it just hypes me up that the season is only 3 months away.

This is the official 2022-2023 NHL season thread. Don’t fucking talk about cricket in here, no basketball, no pussy ass soccer. This is hockey you silly queefs.
Wow Tkachuck leaving Calgary is crazy ...what a deal

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
What you said here reminds me a lot of Randy Moss in the 1998 Draft - was supposed to be a top pick but because of rumors of off the field troubles teams passed him up and he fell to the 21st pick....

He wanted to get revenge on every one of those teams that passed him up especially the Cowboys and on Thanksgiving day he came out balls to the wall and showed the Cowboys first hand what they missed out on...wonder if Shane Wright can do the same....

**Click Link to see Moss decimate the Cowboys back in 98**

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ-D9xIuFDU
First post you bring nfl into it. I can’t be mad though, because it really is a good comparison.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Jun 19, 2016
Kracken getting Burakovsky from the Avs is huge, Andre was a big piece of the Avs success these past few years

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
What Seattle is doing this off-season is really pleasing. We Signed Burakovsky to 5 years, got Bjorkstrand in the trade with Columbus, Picked up Justin Schultz from Washington, signed Martin Jones to back Gruby up while Driedger is on LTIR with his ACL surgery. And most recently signed Mikal Kempny. I think Schultz could very well blossom here, because he was always behind Carlson and didn’t get the ice time he deserved. The dude is a legit puck mover who can set things up on the Power Play, and that’s really what we need. Dunn is capable of that, but he definitely had an off year. Things are looking up for the Kraken.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Lightning might have trouble this year
They haven’t started squawking about them yet over this way but I’ll update shortly.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
SJ Sharkies traded Brent Burns sadly. We got some new players and a new head coach who is the former NY Ranger's head coach David Quinn...

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Jun 19, 2016
SJ Sharkies traded Brent Burns sadly. We got some new players and a new head coach who is the former NY Ranger's head coach David Quinn...

Brent Burns no longer a Shark?!?! Wow! He was an absolute beast for years ...seems like when you guys acquired Karlsson his stats and game play came down a bit ....future HOF Sharkie right there

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015

Where the hell have you been? I even forgot to tag you as my Sharkies corespondent.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
By the way, TMMAC fantasy hockey league will resume. Looking to start drafting in mid to late September. I, like the Florida Panthers, destroyed the regular season took home the presidents trophy. Along with its curse. I lost in the semis to some queef, and Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken ended up winning the championship. We can’t let this happen again.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Brent Burns no longer a Shark?!?! Wow! He was an absolute beast for years ...seems like when you guys acquired Karlsson his stats and game play came down a bit ....future HOF Sharkie right there
Yep that one hurts as he's one of my favorite players. Also agree with what you said about post-Karlsson era. Looks like another rebuilding year but we'll see how it goes from here fam. Congrats on your win btw!

View: https://twitter.com/Canes/status/1547306977210077185

Bonus*

View: https://twitter.com/Peter_Baugh/status/1551343194289455104

View: https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1548771422440288256

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Speaker to Animals @Speaker to Animals

Picking up Husso is huge for you guys. Not to mention getting Copp, Vrana, Perron, Kubalik, and Chiarot. Chiarot and Seider for first defensive pairing should be really good. Things are really looking up for them. I imagine they get in next year.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
So
TheFifthScallop @TheFifthScallop , my friend and I were discussing what constitutes a shot.
I figure it's a shot if it's on goal, and would have scored had the net been empty.

Is it a shot if someone simply fires away, even if it's wide of the net?