VID Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Teaser

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Yeah no fucking way Jon Snow is not either still alive or going to be resurrected.

WineDineSixty-Nine

Nov 1, 2015
That's what everyone is saying.

Can you explain to me how the preview indicates that?

I haven't read any of the books.
I'm sorry, I suppose my opinions stem from the books not that preview. It just got me excited. The show skips a lot of the context and history of what's going on, if you want a quick explanation I'll oblige as they aren't really spoilers but quite obvious if you've read.

M

member 3289

I'm sorry, I suppose my opinions stem from the books not that preview. It just got me excited. The show skips a lot of the context and history of what's going on, if you want a quick explanation I'll oblige as they aren't really spoilers but quite obvious if you've read.
I'll read about it. Azor Azai is the famed prophet of the Fire God that's said to return, right?

WineDineSixty-Nine

Nov 1, 2015
I'll read about it. Azor Azai is the famed prophet of the Fire God that's said to return, right?
Prophet kind of implies he will preach for Rholler so that's not really accurate. More like a destined hero who wields a fiery sword to bring balance to the force. The fiery guys have just been waiting a really long time and are really excite able about it.

M

member 3289

Prophet kind of implies he will preach for Rholler so that's not really accurate. More like a destined hero who wields a fiery sword to bring balance to the force. The fiery guys have just been waiting a really long time and are really excite able about it.
Thank you very much. I have to read the books.

Do you think Jon Snow is dead, still alive, or dead but going to be resurrected?

WineDineSixty-Nine

Nov 1, 2015
Thank you very much. I have to read the books.

Do you think Jon Snow is dead, still alive, or dead but going to be resurrected?
I'd be shocked if he remained deceased. The red priestess is at castle black in both book and show and the breath of life is some high level fire magic. Really the only reason to introduce the breath of like with Beric Dondarion and Lady Stoneheart is to establish its existence in the universe, and those are characters who have little importance to the greater story overall.
What I expect is ghost will fetch the priestess or protect the body until the resurrection is done. I have no opinion about any warging, the end result being Jon is alive. At which point he'll probably draw his valaryian steel bastard sword which will be aflame and execute justice on his murderers like his Uncle Ned taught him.
Of note is on joining the black brothers you take a vow to serve until death. Jon takes his vows seriously, and he has died, and he is the legal heir of Robb, and the willings surrendered to and made vows to Jon Snow not the nights watch, and there is a missing fleet from White Harbor(though I believe it has no soldiers). Stannis marched away into a blizzard ind is dead and the Boltons need killing.
Another thought is that there are really only three characters that fit the label of true protagonists throughout the entire story. I see them as Jon, Tyrion, and Dany. Jon being the one that fits the most traditional mold.
I'm very excited to see the new season to try and glean the direction the books will go with everything else.

M

member 3289

WineDineSixty-Nine @WineDineSixty-Nine I don't know if you've been paying any attention to stuff like this, but this image was secretly taken a few months back of Kit Harrington shooting season 6 wearing Stark clothing:

WineDineSixty-Nine

Nov 1, 2015
That is fucking awesome!
I heard they cast Al Swearingen from Deadwood for the next season and he'd make a good mad king for a bunch of history.