Lifestyle Official Grilling thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Gotta gotta have both

My man rocking the Weber Q. I got mine at the end of the year for half off but it would have been worth every penny if I paid full price. It doesnt have the eye appeal but it cooks better than any grill I ever owned.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My man rocking the Weber Q. I got mine at the end of the year for half off but it would have been worth every penny if I paid full price. It doesnt have the eye appeal but it cooks better than any grill I ever owned.
Yep. Decided a couple years back to ditch propane and buy a Weber. Glad I did it. Cooking over charcoal is just a different experience, for me anyway. Love my Weber.

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
Yep. Decided a couple years back to ditch propane and buy a Weber. Glad I did it. Cooking over charcoal is just a different experience, for me anyway. Love my Weber.
The weber Q is a propane grill. I have a smomer and gas grill and my gas grill gets used way more than the smoker.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The weber Q is a propane grill. I have a smomer and gas grill and my gas grill gets used way more than the smoker.
I don't know the name of my Weber but it's charcoal only. I got tired of dealing with propane but I also really enjoy cooking on charcoal. Having a couple drinks while the coals get ready is part of the process.

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
I don't know the name of my Weber but it's charcoal only. I got tired of dealing with propane but I also really enjoy cooking on charcoal. Having a couple drinks while the coals get ready is part of the process.
Im lazy

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
That's why I've got 2.
Weber Q200 - gas, easy day-to-day cooking.
Weber Kettle - charcoal, for long lazy weekend cooking.
Next purchase is a pizza oven.

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That's why I've got 2.
Weber Q200 - has, easy day-to-day cooking.
Weber Kettle - for long lazy weekend cooking.
Next purchase is a pizza oven.
I knew you were an intelligent man Kiwi, but this takes it to another level.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Nothing like charcoal bbq on the weekend! Damn thing is always at it's best after you take the meat off though LOL!

How do you guys get your charcoal going? I made a chimney out of a tin coffee can, build a fire in the bottom from cedar kindling and start layering charcoal, cedar, charcoal, cedar. Takes a while but what's the rush?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
We're making fajitas tonight. I've got 4 lbs of chicken thighs and skirt steak marinating and I'm about to fire up the grill soon. After I grill the meat, I'll put a cast iron griddle on the grill for the peppers and onions. I'm already stuffing my face with chips and salsa, and my wife is making a big batch of guacamole. All the other fixings will be at the ready.

About to make my first michelada of the night. It's gonna be a feast up in here tonight.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Firing up BBQ for first time this year. Been a long winter here. Imagine I'll get the smoker going soon.

Remember to put a dimple in the center of your burger patties so they don't balloon up on you!

Happy grilling!

Last edited:

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
Got a new electric grill/smoker this week. Seasoning it now and gonna throw some meat on there this weekend.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I had my Akorn grill going earlier tonight. Did pecan smoked chicken thighs, corn, and asparagus. And because I'm originally from the Midwest, biscuits.

My 4 year old ate two full ears of corn and a bunch of asparagus. That'll be fun tomorrow :D