Lifestyle Official Grilling thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
Damn dude. That looks amazing.

I've been itching for a Traeger pellet smoker lately. I really really really want to smoke a turkey.
Yeah, I do too. I went with this electric smoker based on feedback from a couple friends. It has not disappointed so far and I think they are more affordable than some options out there.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yeah, I do too. I went with this electric smoker based on feedback from a couple friends. It has not disappointed so far and I think they are more affordable than some options out there.
I've used an electric smoker before and liked it. The one I had was kind of shitty, and it was a hand-me-down so it wasn't in great shape when I got it. But I did make some tasty meat in it.

I may have missed it or forgotten if you have already mentioned in this thread...but how much was that one? The pellet smoker I want is 7 bills.

What make and model is that one? Looks like plenty space for my needs.

jasonhightower

Jan 2, 2017
I got the same one for Dads day. The bluetooth capability is fucking awesome. I cook in throwaway aluminum pans to save on the cleanup.
Absolutely. If you haven't already, and you're on Facebook, you can join the My Masterbuilt Electric Smoker which has a ton of members sharing tips, recipes, etc.

jasonhightower

Jan 2, 2017
I've used an electric smoker before and liked it. The one I had was kind of shitty, and it was a hand-me-down so it wasn't in great shape when I got it. But I did make some tasty meat in it.

I may have missed it or forgotten if you have already mentioned in this thread...but how much was that one? The pellet smoker I want is 7 bills.

What make and model is that one? Looks like plenty space for my needs.
I got the newer 40" version, without Bluetooth, and retails for $347 on Amazon. Bluetooth is a little extra. You can also find 30" for about $250. Academy has some priced really well too for the older version, but they are great as well.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Well I'm sparkuri I've got chicken galore,
You may have a lotta chicken but I got much more.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
New year, new grilling.

93g lean, binded with a chicken egg(opposed to Imu), fresh garlic salt pepper, onion and backyard shrooms.

Boutsta get high-yiiii

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I grilled T-Bone's yesterday and they were awesome. Should have posted pics. I think baby backs will be on this weekends menu. Good bump sparkuri @sparkuri

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Bad news gentlemen. It’s 2018. If you’re still using 2017 grilling techniques, the game done passed you by.
Boil/Sear/Flex

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Been learning the kamado

Then boiled some steaks

Brisket

Are you not a fan of blood/pink in your steak?
I would feel a bit guilty cooking the meat that much...I will say it does look delicious.

what cut?
tri tip?
what internal temp?

How do you like the Komodo? if you still use it

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Wild @Wild , you might change the title, or have Splinty @Splinty write some code to omit the "2017".
We got some mean manly grillers on TMMAC

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Smoked this instant heart attack yesterday for the UofL vs Notre Dame game.

Cream Cheese, Monterey Jack, and diced jalapeños in the center.

Wrapped in ground sausage, then wrapped in a bacon weave, BBQ glazed at the end of cooking.

Got the idea from my man, Malcom Reed.

View: https://youtu.be/_weh9B3W4PQ