General Official presidential debate thread - Live!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
When? I never heard him say anything close to, “Of course I condemn white supremacy”.

View: https://twitter.com/axios/status/1311127476391772160?s=20

if I’m missing the part where he condemns it during the presidential debate, please show me. I’m only going off of what I can see and hear. Also what I can read on transcripts.
go back a couple pages, I transcribed it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
TheFifthScallop @Thefifthscallop

"are you willing to condemn white supremacists and militia groups..."

"sure"

"and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in these cities?"

"Sure, I'm willing to do that..."

"Do it." - Smirking Biden, thinking he's getting Trump to admit that white supremacists follow his direction, and that all right-wing violence is the responsibility of Pres Trump

But I would say that most of the violence is from the left

"then do it, Sir"

"I'm willing to do anything, I want peace."

stand back, stand down, 'his own FBI calls them terrorists' (like the FBI isn't political, LoL)

Last edited:

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
When you say the things you do people just dig their heals in as a fuck you.
If saying that makes people dig their heels in more, then I have no faith in people to be able to be reasonable. The most reasonable people I know who voted for him four years ago are absolutely disgusted by him and how he carries himself.

M

member 3289

It's pretty funny.
I guess I never really understood the connotation of the word. I mean we know the english translation so I was looking it up and on quora the quran says this:

Never say you're going to do something tomorrow without adding inshallah. Lol.
So it's a comically appropriate sarcastic usage in that context.

Used exactly while Trump is talking about how he's going to release his tax return soon.
I mean this isn't going to win him a bunch of voters but it's pretty clever even if accidental.
Not to nerd out or anything, but the everyday "ojalá (que)" in Spanish and the archaic "oxalá que" in Portuguese (the letter 'x' in Portuguese is pronounced "sh") come from this very common Arabic expression.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
How about an actual accurate transcript and not one based off your memory?

Trump never said, ‘stand down’ to anyone.

“stand back and stand by.”
it's not one based off memory, watch the video like I did and write the words out. The word for that is a "transcription". That last line wasn't part of the transcript, it's a summarization. You can tell because I went so far as to color code it for the idiots.

what's the relevant difference in what Trump was communicating between standing "by" and standing "down"? There's an operational difference, but explain how it's a big enough difference to offer an endorsement that offsets the previous verbal and non-verbal sentiments expressed. It's amazing to me that so few of you see this tactic for what it was. To me, it's evidence that you believe that Pres Trump is lying about his true feelings, and there's other evidence of that, but this was sooooo overt. Everyone is getting spun up about something that has ZERO relevance to the election, which is exactly with the people who printed themselves $6T want you do. Unless you already think that Pres Trump is going to start a civil war with the Hawaiian Shirts...if so, just say it.

I transcribed the part where he said repeatedly that he condemned white supremacism and violence. He conveyed that thought several times, as I transcribed. What he didn't do was parrot the exact words that his two antagonists (Wallace and Biden) were demanding. That would assume the premise and give validity to the notion that Trump was a white supremacist, and make appear submissive to the other candidate.

Are you willing to denounce white supremacy?

sure. next question.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I just want to be clear to everyone. I don’t think Joe Biden is a good candidate. I find him extremely creepy and he is also a liar. That being said, Donald Trump is by far the worst president the United States has ever had. The guy is a compulsive liar, a complete sleeze bag, and doesn’t care about your best interest(not that any politicians do). To keep supporting this guy and making excuses for him is laughable. I really don’t need to argue this. Anyone who still supports the guy is either a troll, bully, or willfully ignorant.
No. Woodrow Wilson is the worst president the United States ever had. I don't say by far because Andrew Jackson isn't too far off the lead.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It sounds like the Presidential Debate Commission has paid attention to what we've had to say in this thread. Good job gentlemen.

One possibility being discussed is to give the moderator the ability to cut off the microphone of one of the debate participants while his opponent is talking, according to a person familiar with the deliberations who was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016

View: https://twitter.com/lindseygrahamsc/status/1311373593595400192?s=21

Fox News' John Roberts tears into Trump defenders over white supremacy comments
What he's saying: "If the president didn't know who Proud Boys were, and Joe Biden just threw out the name — if he didn't know who they were, why did he denounce them?" asked a visibly frustrated Roberts.

• "Why didn't he say, 'I don't know who they are. Can you give me a little bit more information about them,' and then make a decision about it? So this all remains very puzzling."
  • "And for all of you on Twitter who are hammering me for asking that question, I don't care. Because it's a question that needs to be asked, and clearly the president's Republican colleagues a mile away from here are looking for an answer for it too. So stop deflecting. Stop blaming the media. I'm tired of it."

Last edited:

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016

Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) said Trump should “unequivocally condemn white supremacy,”

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) , a frequent critic of the president, responded that "of course" Trump should have denounced white supremacists.

Sen. Todd Young (R-Ind.). “I condemn white supremacy, all extremist groups. I think that all of these groups are equal, and I condemn them on the strongest terms and we need to remain one nation under God,"

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said that he shared the same views as Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.), the only black GOP senator, who urged the president to correct his comments.

“He said it was unacceptable not to condemn white supremacy,” McConnell said. “And so, I do so in the strongest possible way.” Scott on Wednesday suggested the president may have misspoken but added: “If he doesn't correct it — I guess he didn't misspeak.”

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I wonder if Dems will try to opt out of the next 2 debates? Biden managed to get through it without short-circuiting too much and they got Trump saying "Stand By" to the Proud Boys - or whoever the fuck he said that too.

The "Stand By" will be what the MSM latch onto from last night so the Dems have a bit of a headwind. They got their zinger, and they could use Trump's behavior as an excuse to opt out of the last 2 debates because he interupts too often.
And - predictably - Nancy "Crypt Keeper" Pelosi is urging Biden to skip the last 2 debates.

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018
the sooner the left can figure out how they can get what they want without elections — and the only way they can do it is violence, intimidation, or cheating — they will do it.

Right now they are attempting to win elections without winning broad public support.