Official Pro Wrestling thread?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Might as well start with a single thread and see if we can grow it. Gives us somewhere to talk about what's going on in the WWE universe.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
For a couple weeks at the beginning everyone here had wrestling avatars. It was hilarious this was a meme I made

image.jpg

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
All of the old wrestling threads were moved back in to off-topic. So they are still around. We removed the wrestling forum due to lack of activity. We will always consider new forums based on interest :)

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I fully support this as an ongoing thread. Was kinda bummed out when the sub-forum got removed.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I'm hoping that over time it'll grow. Maybe even if we don't get a sub forum, we can at least get this stickied somewhere. You watching Raw tonight?

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I caught Rollins' promo then turned it off once Neville's music hit. Neville is good, but his gimmick (or lack thereof) is already getting stale. Plus, the pace of the three hour Raws is just too slow for me. There's a website that has the VOD up about 30 mins after it goes off-air, so I can watch and fast forward through the boring stuff.

Marathoning the legacy content on WWE Network has really fucked me up when it comes to the modern product. Today's pro wrestling can't hold a candle to '96-'98. It's so boring and predictable nowadays. I've been waiting for them to turn the corner and start getting a bit edgier, but it feels like they want to stick out the whole PG thing until the end of time.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I caught Rollins' promo then turned it off once Neville's music hit. Neville is good, but his gimmick (or lack thereof) is already getting stale. Plus, the pace of the three hour Raws is just too slow for me. There's a website that has the VOD up about 30 mins after it goes off-air, so I can watch and fast forward through the boring stuff.

Marathoning the legacy content on WWE Network has really fucked me up when it comes to the modern product. Today's pro wrestling can't hold a candle to '96-'98. It's so boring and predictable nowadays. I've been waiting for them to turn the corner and start getting a bit edgier, but it feels like they want to stick out the whole PG thing until the end of time.
You watch NXT at all? It's twice the product the main roster is.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You watch NXT at all? It's twice the product the main roster is.
I don't watch it weekly, but I'll watch the NXT PPVs when they come around. I agree their presentation is light years ahead of the main roster. I actually went to school at Full Sail University where they film most of the NXT stuff. I need to drag my ass down there one day to catch a live show.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Wow. You weren't kidding BeardOfKnowledge @JohnyHendricksBeard. That opening match was intense. Rollins definitely deserves to have the belt. He's proven to be the most worthy of the former Shield members. Funny how he was the most overlooked at that time.

And Neville has such skill. He and Rollins paced that match perfectly. It's just a shame that they packaged him so poorly with the shit generic music and Darkwing Duck costume/colors. Hopefully they'll repackage him in the near future and give him something a little less cartoonish to work with.

MoomBah

Posting Machine
Feb 16, 2015
So that NXT Takeover last night...anyone watch?

Summerslam and UFC competing tonight, i dont know what im watching. I really like the UFC card tonight, but i think Summerslam might take precedence.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015

Summerslam and UFC competing tonight, i dont know what im watching. I really like the UFC card tonight, but i think Summerslam might take precedence.
Yes I watched nxt last night and thought it was good. Really the first time I watched an entire nxt event. Cool they had liger and Samoa joe on the event. I didn't know joe was a part of nxt.

I have two televisions in my living room and will be watching both tonight. Sound will be on summerslam as I can watch MMA without anik and whoever.

Crazy that the ufc would have an event against a Brock wwe main event. Doesn't seem like good timing to me. I expect the ufc ratings to be pretty low for this card.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Yes I watched nxt last night and thought it was good. Really the first time I watched an entire nxt event. Cool they had liger and Samoa joe on the event. I didn't know joe was a part of nxt.

I have two televisions in my living room and will be watching both tonight. Sound will be on summerslam as I can watch MMA without anik and whoever.

Crazy that the ufc would have an event against a Brock wwe main event. Doesn't seem like good timing to me. I expect the ufc ratings to be pretty low for this card.
Wtf Joe should be a Raw main eventer

MoomBah

Posting Machine
Feb 16, 2015

It was my first time watching the full thing too, even though im already a fan of some of their athletes. That Bayley vs Sasha match killed it even though it looked like they couldve seriously hurt themselves on multiple occasions.

...And im always a fan ok KO, hope they put him over tonight.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

Fuck yes I watched it. Missed out on a little of the beginning due to reasons beyond my control, but I've got it pvr'ed. I think there are instances where they intentionally put weak Fox cards against WWE events to have an excuse for weak ratings. I'll be wataching Summerslam, but flipping to Fight Night between matches. They did it at some point earlier this year too.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

I've said before, I often miss Raw, but I always watch NXT. The level of effort just feels so much higher in NXT than it does on the main roster, one can only hope as they move up, that level continues.