Lifestyle Official TMMAC FYI Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

Buddy Rich, child drum prodigy and legendary jazz drummer, quit drumming to join the United States Marine Corp.
as a Judo instructor.

but was dishonorably discharged, allegedly for wearing an officer's uniform.
Allegedly because he thought the enlisted uniform was beneath him.
Allegedly.
Tell me something cool about Einstein-Rosen
bridges

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
FYI - shit is about to go down with Betelguise.

"Betelgeuse (pronounced: BAY-tel juice) been declining in brightness sharply since October, and was now about 2.5 times fainter than usual. Once the ninth brightest star in the sky, Betelgeuse has fallen now to about the 23rd brightest.

Guinan and his colleagues have been closely observing the star for decades, with "continuous coverage since 1980," he said.

In the last half-century, the star has never dimmed so aggressively, and that could mean we're on the verge of something extraordinary.
The star, Betelgeuse, is suddenly dimming. It may be a sign, astronomers say, that the star is about to explode."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/sci-t...VLgupcvGpyaOVP6cOFhwWWr_bztaFrcO1irjXvRSvNwdY

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

"Betelgeuse (pronounced: BAY-tel juice) been declining in brightness sharply since October, and was now about 2.5 times fainter than usual. Once the ninth brightest star in the sky, Betelgeuse has fallen now to about the 23rd brightest.

Guinan and his colleagues have been closely observing the star for decades, with "continuous coverage since 1980," he said.

In the last half-century, the star has never dimmed so aggressively, and that could mean we're on the verge of something extraordinary.
The star, Betelgeuse, is suddenly dimming. It may be a sign, astronomers say, that the star is about to explode."
What does this mean for those of us on Earth?

M

member 1013

*takes bong rip*

but like, if the stars are millions of light years away doesn’t that mean that like, the star has already exploded?

also maybe it will become an Einstein Rosen bridge

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
SuperBowl FYI -

Before the Mahomie Era, 1/3 of the wins by in Chiefs franchise history were by former 49er QBs.
That's more than 2X the number by QBs they drafted.

and Steve Bono's run was majestic.

and the ultimate glory was that it clowned Buddy Ryan and both his sons.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
FYI

All dairy milk comes from artificially inseminated cows. Eventually they plop out a calf which either becomes veal or is shipped elsewhere then the moms get another load injected into them so they can get pregnant and milked again.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
FYI

All dairy milk comes from artificially inseminated cows. Eventually they plop out a calf which either becomes veal or is shipped elsewhere then the moms get another load injected into them so they can get pregnant and milked again.
had no idea

I don't drink milk but I do eat cheese

Brings up the question of if the Bulls enjoy the load extraction process?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
FYI

most beef production since the 80s has been by artificial insemination.
my mom has an Angus farm with a couple of bulls, but that's the exception.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
most beef production since the 80s has been by artificial insemination.
my mom has an Angus farm with a couple of bulls, but that's the exception.
U get cheap/free Angus?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Rambo John J @Frank Armitage

may have already told this story, but when my wife and I started dating we moved to Portland and I was always complaining about how I couldn't get a decent steak. We were dual-income no-kids (DINKs) and so she made it her mission to find me a great steak in PDX. We went to all the top-end chop houses and restaurants, and the result was the same: good steak, but not not great. Finally, she decides I'm just being a pretentious asshole, and tells me that every time I bitch about steak.

We go back to Iowa for the first time, and our 2nd night there my step-dad throws a couple of steaks they just got back from the locker on the grill with a little salt and pepper. My wife takes her first bite, sets the fork down and starts apologizing profusely for all the shit she said about me and steak.

My response was "yeah, for you this is the greatest steak you've ever had. For me, this is just 'steak'."

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015

Carlos Hathcock - Wikipedia

Hathcock only once removed the white feather from his bush hat while deployed in Vietnam.[17] During a volunteer mission days before the end of his first deployment, he crawled over 1,500 yards of field to shoot a PAVN General.[who?][18][19] He was not informed of the details of the mission until he accepted it.[20][failed verification] This effort took four days and three nights, without sleep, of constant inch-by-inch crawling.[19] Hathcock said he was almost stepped on as he lay camouflaged with grass and vegetation in a meadow shortly after sunset.[2] At one point he was nearly bitten by a bamboo viper, but had the presence of mind to avoid moving and giving up his position.[19] As the General exited his encampment, Hathcock fired a single shot that struck the General in the chest, killing him.