General **OFFICIAL** uG refugee thread.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It was the same when Dr dipshit did his site switch here. I can't even remember what changed I just remembered people got all uppity about it.
Gifs took a hit in that update...Ragin Cajun knows what I'm talking bout

But Splinty was quick and responsive to address almost all of the other concerns so that should be commended, he made photo copy paste work perfect at a cost of storage or something and he also created a ratings bar mode for those stuck on that style of rating

TMMAC recent update was far superior to what UG just did. TMMAC update kept 90% of what the forum was and improved on some stuff I am sure.

I am sure users on all different devices are having different experiences, but for me UG/OG is barely usable at this time...Frames easy to look at even if it had many many glitches...Discourse or whatever looks like poop on a plate

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
If I'm not mistaken that's still the feature. Ability to ignore and access to fapout forum. Like you say tho it wouldn't surprise me if the features were altered to make buying a blue give extra benefits. However if they are giving away free blues it seems that change isn't one that will be immediate.

Or maybe it is, giveth then taketh away.

I think the new site is a massive upgrade on that hunk of shit old app. Still not a patch on this place, but from what I've seen the past few days Chris has taken over the iron throne and is trying to actually sort it out. I saw the top men in action for the first time. There was a flagging feature that they got removed pretty quick when it was apparent it could be abused (no it wasn't me that did it)

Good luck to them, I know a lot of people from over there and many of them hate the changes, but I think it's because they just got used to that ancient hunk of shite old website. I'll still peek over there when I get done reading the rest of the internet, as I have done for many years.
and yet you won't use reddit

too funny

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
that is part of the problem right there. the ug is full of nhb boomers who want to keep it the way it was back in the day. it is also full of tuf noobs ,conor nut huggers,and espn+ era fans who demand it be modernized .no matter what they do it will piss off the core base of long term posters from the old days who still use frames.no matter what they do it will never be as functional as the newer fans expect it to be . they have such a wide age range . it is impossible to please everybody at the best of times but this is legitimately a case where the nhb boomers are old enough to be the espn+ izzy fans grandparents and the conor nuthugger fans parents. there is no way the nhb boomer can figure out new tech and there is no way that kids who grew up on instagram and twitter will settle for anything less than flawless and lagless perfection from an app. there is also no way that kirik will dig deep enough in to his vault of blue name money to pay for a top notch developer to make his app
twitter is an awful app, runs like shit :D and it's a nightmare to navigate especially if you're used to the desktop version, you can't even see your notifications if you're checking out a trend, like #UFC260 during the event. You end up having to tweet to get notifications so you can quickly get back to the trend via the hashtags in your tweet lol

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Gifs took a hit in that update...Ragin Cajun knows what I'm talking bout

But Splinty was quick and responsive to address almost all of the other concerns so that should be commended, he made photo copy paste work perfect at a cost of storage or something and he also created a ratings bar mode for those stuck on that style of rating

TMMAC recent update was far superior to what UG just did. TMMAC update kept 90% of what the forum was and improved on some stuff I am sure.

I am sure users on all different devices are having different experiences, but for me UG/OG is barely usable at this time...Frames easy to look at even if it had many many glitches...Discourse or whatever looks like poop on a plate
is the rating bar mode still available somehow?

I just click LIKE a lot of the time because I can't be bothered to do it the way we have to currently, and then my OCD clicks in and I remove the LIKE rating and pick the one I actually wanted.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
is the rating bar mode still available somehow?

I just click LIKE a lot of the time because I can't be bothered to do it the way we have to currently, and then my OCD clicks in and I remove the LIKE rating and pick the one I actually wanted.
TMMAC BAR OF RATINGS 2.0 IS A THEME

BOTTOM LEFT OF MY DESKTOP SCREEN

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Forget about any sort of technical upgrades. If the culture remains toxic and negative , the site is broke.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
UG/OG does have one nice feature this site doesn't at this time...

You can post gifs from all over the internet, here we can only post a fraction of the gifs that show up on a simple search.

Other than that it is pretty glitchy over there and not easy on the eyes or intuitive.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018

You can post gifs from all over the internet, here we can only post a fraction of the gifs that show up on a simple search.

Other than that it is pretty glitchy over there and not easy on the eyes or intuitive.
Other than getting a “this file is too large” message from time to time, I don’t have any issues posting gifs here. Do you have an example of what we can’t post here?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

You can post any gif from anywhere here broham.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Other than getting a “this file is too large” message from time to time, I don’t have any issues posting gifs here. Do you have an example of what we can’t post here?
Are you only using Giphy Gifs? those almost all work

I google search "blank" gifs and unless it is a Giphy or Gfycat hosted gif I cannot simply copy and paste, which eliminates a lot of the obscure Gifs guys like RaginCajun @RaginCajun and I used to post...So unless it is Giphy/Gfycat it will just post a still image of the beginning of the gif.

I'm not complaining about it just making an observation.

I find the selection that you get from using the Giphy Button to be a bit limited in comparison to the wide wide open selection that was available for copy/paste before the last update.

I do think the TMMAC format and intuitiveness is far superior currently to UGOG

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You can post any gif from anywhere here broham.
1617813818912.png
Not exactly

This is a gif I copy/pasted of rambo shooting down the Heli
Only shows the first still image

This is me entering the URL of same gif

Not complaining about it brother, just an observation
I was checking out that udder place last night and tried the old copy paste gif and it was working

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Are you only using Giphy Gifs? those almost all work

I google search "blank" gifs and unless it is a Giphy or Gfycat hosted gif I cannot simply copy and paste, which eliminates a lot of the obscure Gifs guys like RaginCajun @RaginCajun and I used to post...So unless it is Giphy/Gfycat it will just post a still image of the beginning of the gif.

I'm not complaining about it just making an observation.

I find the selection that you get from using the Giphy Button to be a bit limited in comparison to the wide wide open selection that was available for copy/paste before the last update.

I do think the TMMAC format and intuitiveness is far superior currently to UGOG
Yeah if you just copy a gif and try and paste it, only a still pic appears. If you go to the add image button and paste the address or url it will post the gif. I rarely use giphy because the selection is limited, but other than the size limitations, I never have issues doing it this way
8A4B914E-606F-4AD3-A748-3DDC0F0BD24B.jpeg

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
I post gifs from PC, and I find that virtually all work by pasting the URL into the box Dick Niaz @Dick Niaz indicated above.

The exception to this rule appears to be Giphy gifs, I get the "something went wrong" message. In order to use a Giphy gif, I have to go to the Giphy website and make a note of the exact keywords that it is tagged with. I then come back to TMMAC, press the Giphy button, type in those keywords and keep pressing "next" till I find it.

It's a ballache compared to posting a gif from literally anywhere else on the internet.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Thanks Dick Niaz @Dick Niaz
That works for some sites(^tumblir gif), definitely an improvement and widens the field of available gifs

I have run into a handful of sites/gifs that won't work with this method and I have been testing it for about 3 minutes...I got about 50% "Something went wrong contact admin" on some gif sites

It isn't the easy copy paste it used to be, is what I am getting at...OGUG has that on their new setup

Last edited:

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I wonder if Song has been posting on UG since he got pinked lol

Does that mean King of the underground @passivejay is on his way over here?

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Does that mean King of the underground @passivejay is on his way over here?
Nah, there was a thread here shitting on Jay from back in 2019, and SongExotic2 @SongExotic2 recently started updating it with all the goings on from the mega thread shitting on Jay over on the OG. It's unlikely he will show up on either forum IMO.