General og exile

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
Hornitos is a good reasonably priced mid tier, I prefer tres generacions though which will push into the 60-70 range.

Mutant

Citizen of the Infernal Empire
Oct 20, 2015
You’re right, I’m not a tequila fan. I’ve probably tried 75-80(likely more) tequilas and most were either overpriced or just horrible. Del Maguey used to have two that i actually enjoyed but that was prior to them being sold in stores.

As far as sweeteners, I have no idea which processes one uses over the other. Why don’t you take the adult approach of of explaining your stance the way I do when people have questions in the cigar thread? Instead you just come across as a snobby prick, of which many of those don’t really understand what they’re talking about either as they’re just following some trend in a market.

In short, exchange information as an adult. I opened my first post stating I hadn’t purchased any tequila in over a decade & wasn’t up on things in that realm but used to purchase those two bottles for a monthly fight night. You take that & run with it like a fucking child instead having a conversation.

I’m finished ranting on this topic. If you ever pop into the cigar thread you’ll be treated as an adult unless you come in acting the way you do in this thread or on this topic.
I have hundreds of bottles of tequila all open since you admit you know nothing about tequila you should go sit in the corner son. Leave the tequila talk to someone who knows what he's doing talking about. Cares about the process and how tequila is made and not drink garbage agave vodka with artificial sweetener like you drink!

I'm sure you care about it the cigarette process and don't smoke crap cigars!

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
I have hundreds of bottles of tequila all open since you admit you know nothing about tequila you should go sit in the corner son. Leave the tequila talk to someone who knows what he's doing talking about. Cares about the process and how tequila is made and not drink garbage agave vodka with artificial sweetener like you drink!

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
rmenergy @rmenergy Don’t take his tone seriously. Just roll with it.

There’s a gem inside his angry exterior. He just likes to growl at everything and tell people to get off his lawn. It’s hard to grow grass where he lives. It’s technically more of a rock lawn.
Spent 20yrs in wine country. I’m used to idiots like him. Some snobs are very knowledgeable, others not so much.

Alcohol seems to attract the jackass snobs though. With high end cigars it’s more of a “smoke whatever you like” type of attitude. There’s most certainly different methods for cultivating, rolling, curing, aging, storing, cutting, lighting & smoking. You know the correct way? Whichever works best for you. There’s a lifetime of education available if one wants to learn but for 99% of people that don’t need to get caught up in it or are actually producing cigars, smoke whatever you like & however you like.

The only times several cigar guys will chime in is when someone is supporting the couple companies out there that actively try to put the boutique farms & resellers out of business.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Mutant @Mutant

so a question is asked about a decent tequila under $50 & you post bottle after bottle of several hundred dollar drinks. I’m not a tequila snob in the slightest. If it’s smooth & flavorful that’s all it needs to be, it’s tequila, not anything special even at $500/bottle. I’ve had those as well. They’re never worth it. Not a penny over $70 for any tequila on the planet.

Why don’t you just post up some decent tequila around $50 & leave it at that? Taste is subjective remember?

Snobs for alcohol, cigars, audio, many are the same. They’re full of shit & have their head so far up their own asses they’ve forgotten why they enjoyed what they got into in the first place
Paying more than 40 bucks for tequila is stupid it defeats the purpose of why mexicans in Jalisco or Zacatecas invented mezcal and tequila to be a cheap working mans drink. expensive mezcal is another stupid thing that makes me laugh true mezcal is like 4 bucks and served from a plastic jug. It is the same phenomena as expensive vodka which was supposed to be cheap booze but now folks are just paying for the marketing of a grey goose, belvedere or ciroc.

Last edited:

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021

Fuck. I’m done. You can’t communicate properly.

Do the world a favor & read up on communication & the 3 types of listening. Otherwise just go fuck yourself faggot.

Mutant

Citizen of the Infernal Empire
Oct 20, 2015
Fuck. I’m done. You can’t communicate properly.

Do the world a favor & read up on communication & the 3 types of listening. Otherwise just go fuck yourself faggot.
Move along you little bitch! Tequila is way above your comprehension level son!