VID Oh man, woman in china eaten by escalator. Throws son to safety.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Omfg...im not familiar with the inner workings of an escalator...She had to have died..

MoomBah

Posting Machine
Feb 16, 2015
This is why i never trust anything made in China. And dont those things have emergency stop buttons on the top and on the bottom?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
This is why i never trust anything made in China. And dont those things have emergency stop buttons on the top and on the bottom?
As an engineer who may or may not have worked on Chinese products, I advise you don't use their public transport.

Sleazy_Martinez

Jizzlobber
May 6, 2015
Reminds me of that episode of the X-Files about the guy who could squeeze through really small gaps and harvested people's livers. Isn't that how he got dispatched?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I obviously have to be careful with what I say. But here are some examples:

* I've had failure rates sent to me as the number of failures per year. Except they had lied and used the failure rate PER HOUR.

* One manufacturer did a presentation that was excellent. We didn't quite believe them and insisted on seeing a model off the production line. The doors fell off.

* A self driving train module wasn't stopping correctly. I was asked to sign off a test plan for the updated module - with live passengers on board.

* An extra feature was added to a train that interfered with the door locking mechanism. The door became unlocked whilst the train was in motion. I insisted they fix it - I was told no.

Not all Chinese engineering is crap but if an escalator is going to collapse and eat someone, I'd guess it would be China (or India).

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I obviously have to be careful with what I say. But here are some examples:

* I've had failure rates sent to me as the number of failures per year. Except they had lied and used the failure rate PER HOUR.

* One manufacturer did a presentation that was excellent. We didn't quite believe them and insisted on seeing a model off the production line. The doors fell off.

* A self driving train module wasn't stopping correctly. I was asked to sign off a test plan for the updated module - with live passengers on board.

* An extra feature was added to a train that interfered with the door locking mechanism. The door became unlocked whilst the train was in motion. I insisted they fix it - I was told no.

Not all Chinese engineering is crap but if an escalator is going to collapse and eat someone, I'd guess it would be China (or India).
Wow, thats fucking wild shit! Is it cultural where they dont want to say no or is it a lack of respect for fellow humans?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Wow, thats fucking wild shit! Is it cultural where they dont want to say no or is it a lack of respect for fellow humans?
They seem to value money over morals more than Western countries (at a professional level)