General Oil crash thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Closed at 21,200.62

Down almost 10% today.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Spring is right around the corner.
The trees will have plenty of leaves in no time.

Nature's toilet paper.
shhhhh, careful, or many a tree will kick the bucket as well

(p.s. the last time I wiped my ass with a plant was when I was about six years old. I shat in the bushes close to a playground, just to test the theory if the leaves would work. they did. wasn't really spectacular :D )

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
shhhhh, careful, or many a tree will kick the bucket as well

(p.s. the last time I wiped my ass with a plant was when I was about six years old. I shat in the bushes close to a playground, just to test the theory if the leaves would work. they did. wasn't really spectacular :D )
Just make sure you are very good at identifying poison ivy.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Dave & Busters is at $13.90 - 52 week high of $59.60

I have a limit order at $10

Should quadruple that in a year.
What do you think about FXG, WFC, XOM, and MMM? All have been bludgeoned and offer decent yields.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
So the fed are creating 1.5 trillion to buy stocks, but tell me again how you can't afford social programs.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
What do you think about FXG, WFC, XOM, and MMM? All have been bludgeoned and offer decent yields.
Targetting typically steady stocks during a downturn is a great strategy. Assuming they don't pull them back, the yields are enticing.

I know PG has taken a 20% haircut recently, and might continue to drop if this thing has legs and we drift into a recession. That's a company that has increased their dividend every year for like 60+ years. Perfect opportunity to acquire their stock as a long term investment, then set up a DRIP so your position grows automatically.

Tons of opportunities out there already, and I think it will continue for a bit. This thing has been riding hard for a long time so a pull back was coming anyway. The virus will have a definite impact on businesses, so it's the perfect catalyst to trigger downward pressure. The huge selloffs the last couple of weeks were reactionary, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it continue to fall further.

Warren has a saying "Be fearful when people are greedy, and be greedy when people are fearful." Something like that. Right now, people are fearful so it's time to get greedy.

The market will recover.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
So the fed are creating 1.5 trillion to buy stocks, but tell me again how you can't afford social programs.
They aren't buying stocks. They are buying back gov't bonds.

It's a way of pumping money back into financial institutions so the economy can continue to function, but it's not the handout the media is making it out to be.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
They aren't buying stocks. They are buying back gov't bonds.

It's a way of pumping money back into financial institutions so the economy can continue to function, but it's not the handout the media is making it out to be.
Yeah when it helps your 401k it's not a handout.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Imagine the old timers with giant portfolios...not the asshole elites, but the lifelong hard workers

brutal stuff
That's what really sucks. Turns like this can delay retirements for years. I feel for people that were getting ready to hang it up but were still heavily exposed to the market.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Yeah when it helps your 401k it's not a handout.
It's not a handout when it's not a handout.

It isn't stimulus money. It's a repo exchange of bonds for cash so banks can attempt to continue operating as they were.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It's brutal
They tell you not to fuck with it, but I wish I would have flipped my allocations to bonds when I knew shit was heading down.
That’s exactly what I did. I moved my entire 401k from an S&P index fund to a guaranteed bond fund on Feb 25. At the time, it was down about 10k from the top of the market, but had I left it in, I would probably be down an additional 50-60k. Now I just have to worry about my job. My money’s safe.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That’s exactly what I did. I moved my entire 401k from an S&P index fund to a guaranteed bond fund on Feb 25. At the time, it was down about 10k from the top of the market, but had I left it in, I would probably be down an additional 50-60k. Now I just have to worry about my job. My money’s safe.
Good call bro!
Don't forget to flip it back so you can profit from the ride up.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Good call bro!
Don't forget to flip it back so you can profit from the ride up.
Oh, I will. I told myself I wasn’t going to touch it for a month. I’m going to also wait until the Chinese factories are back up and running and a vaccine is ready. This oil war needs to cool down too. I’ll get in slower than I got out, incrementally.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Check out princess cruise lines.
That's Carnival. CCL. A few pages ago I talked about shorting it. It's down 48% since I said that, and it was already down considerably before that.

Norwegian is even worse (NCLH)
It's at $9.65
52 wk high of $59.78

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
That's Carnival. CCL. A few pages ago I talked about shorting it. It's down 48% since I said that, and it was already down considerably before that.

Norwegian is even worse (NCLH)
It's at $9.65
52 wk high of $59.78
Haven't been keeping up with the thread just trying to be helpful. Personally I wouldn't touch a cruise line with a 10 foot pole, I just know the stock is currently in the toilet.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Haven't been keeping up with the thread just trying to be helpful. Personally I wouldn't touch a cruise line with a 10 foot pole, I just know the stock is currently in the toilet.
Agreed.
Their income will be clobbered and it won't show up on the income statements until Q3 and Q4.

I think you'd be safe to buy in here, but i don't see a steady climb happening again until Q2 of 2021, so jumping in now is likely premature.