OLD SITE THREADS MERGED. No longer accurate to new migration.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
In the top right of the text box is a capital and underlined 'A' for the advanced post editor. Click that to get all of the traditional editor functions as well as UBB code, etc. Under that you can click links , images, or, videos

( http://themmacommunity.com ),

[video=youtube;JiBPNeIPEJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiBPNeIPEJk[/video]

You can also use it to customize your text.

We are currently supporting you adding attachments to posts. This will let you upload a file and then our servers will host it. This is simple for you, but means more load on our servers. Please consider using free image sites to upload your photos like www.imgur.com (great for pics!) or https://gfycat.com/ (great for animated gifs/HTML5!)

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Click your username at the top right.

Click profile.

Click "edit avatar" on the left side where the blank face is.

Choose an image you want to upload.

Click save.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Like on the UG, when you post in a thread it adds it to your subscriptions. To set that on this great forum click in the top right on your username> user settings. Click the notifications tab and check the box "Subscribe when posting". Then click save changes.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thanks for posting this, Shroom! Free blue name for you sir :)

Left Hook Larry

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Lol free blue name. I paid for one year and then won 2 of the ug pick em contests otherwise i wouldn't have paid for that scam ever again.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Shroom;n270 said:
Lol free blue name. I paid for one year and then won 2 of the ug pick em contests otherwise i wouldn't have paid for that scam ever again.

Only site that I know of in todays world that requires members to pay for posting pics, gifs, and videos. Utterly ridiculous.

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

video's do not play after posting, i use firefox as browser.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Morpheus1976;n449 said:
video's do not play after posting, i use firefox as browser.
I'll PM Josh and see what's up with that. Thanks.

M

I Wild Each It;n452 said:
I'll PM Josh and see what's up with that. Thanks.
sorry, it was at my end, some sort of anti google tracker add on!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Morpheus1976;n488 said:
sorry, it was at my end, some sort of anti google tracker add on!
Ok good to hear, and thanks for the follow up. One less thing on Josh' plate :)

TARRat

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Shroom;n270 said:
I won one of the ug pick'em contests, too. Shogun-Hendo. Believe it or not, I was the only one (there weren't that many entrants, as I recall) that had Hendo. I never got my blue.

:cue Matt Serra pic:

Left Hook Larry

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
TARRat;n853 said:
I won one of the ug pick'em contests, too. Shogun-Hendo. Believe it or not, I was the only one (there weren't that many entrants, as I recall) that had Hendo. I never got my blue.

:cue Matt Serra pic:

Yea i had to pester admins to get mine added. Kirik promised a blue name for finding some video on the internet which i did. Wanted to give it to a buddy and thread got deleted lol. Don't even know what to say.

M

it is possible to have the advanced editor "always on"?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Im viewing right now from a browser on mobile. Couple of things I noticed.

When im on a thread and I get to the end theres no one click link (I dont think) to get back to the threadlist. (I have to hit back a bunch of times, or click menu -forum-cageside. Would be nicer if there was a bacl to thread list link.

2. While viewing the threadlist, along with the creator and last post details, it would be good tp see a number of posts made in that thread. This helps identify popular threads (that may have a shitty or misleading title) and has often in the past made me click just to see what all those people are talking about.

Only been here a few hours and enjoying it so far. I hope my feedback is judged as that, im not tryong to be an ass by pointing stuff out and hopefully this place grows into something great

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Song2;n1091 said:
Im viewing right now from a browser on mobile. Couple of things I noticed.

When im on a thread and I get to the end theres no one click link (I dont think) to get back to the threadlist. (I have to hit back a bunch of times, or click menu -forum-cageside. Would be nicer if there was a bacl to thread list link.

2. While viewing the threadlist, along with the creator and last post details, it would be good tp see a number of posts made in that thread. This helps identify popular threads (that may have a shitty or misleading title) and has often in the past made me click just to see what all those people are talking about.

Only been here a few hours and enjoying it so far. I hope my feedback is judged as that, im not tryong to be an ass by pointing stuff out and hopefully this place grows into something great
Love the feedback man. That's how we'll make this place better. Josh will look into this at some point, and let you know if it's user error (lol) or a correction we need to make on our end. Glad you like the place!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
At the bottom left of the page you will see a drop down. The current default theme is titled "Red". This comes stock with the forum software.

I am going to SLOWLY be building two experimental themes that will take over the forum design in due time.

Light - Will eventually be the forum default. I am running this as my default to continue to test and this will be updated the fastest.
EDIT - DERP, NIGHT MODE IS 90% DONE.

NIGHT MODE - Will be an option for those that prefer a black background and dark colors. This is often very useful on phone (especially AMOLED like Samsung phones) or at night time ( Fapout forum while hiding from your moms and wives ;) )

For now these changes are only for web browser users (mobile and computer). Tapatalk and Forum Runner will remain stock for some period as the app up dates can break my themes and its a LOT to manage right now.

Again, these are experimental areas that will incorporate some feedback for better user experience. Every little change to a theme can have domino effects on the user experience. Feel free to try them out, but know they aren't close to final.

Some changes in the Experimental you might notice:

• Forum Tree at bottom of page for easier viewing
  • Advanced Editor (easy embedding of links and videos) now added to mobile browser

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I like the night mode, Josh. Hoping we can make something similar permanent...black background around sides and top, gray in the middle where threads & tag boxes are, forum - thread titles - and user names in red text or different colors...with maybe the fist from our logo in tiled in the black wallpaper. Thanks for everything you are doing. I'm sure it will look awesome when you're done.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I Wild Each It;n1430 said:
I like the night mode, Josh. Hoping we can make something similar permanent...black background around sides and top, gray in the middle where threads & tag boxes are, forum - thread titles - and user names in red text or different colors...with maybe the fist from our logo in tiled in the black wallpaper. Thanks for everything you are doing. I'm sure it will look awesome when you're done.
I plan to incorporate a more balanced colorset to the "Light" so it's not all white. But its closer to the default Red theme so I can be sure things I'm doing aren't breaking stuff.

The night will lose some fanciness like gradients to make a clean and REALLY dark site. Im someone that likes it all plain dark on my phone especially.

Once they are closer to being done...gonna be a bit... We can take a vote on or just choose the default.

Regardless, the best part is everyone will have options no matter the default.

One nice tweak already on the custom views is the forum links at the bottom of the screen to stop all the scrolling back up

Status
Not open for further replies.