Oliveira wants to fight for the 145 and 170 belts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
During a recent interview on MMA Fighting’s Trocacao Franca podcast, Oliveira further explained his ambitions, after his coach stated that chasing more than one title was possible.

“I really thought I couldn’t drop to 145 anymore,” Oliveira said, “But this last weight cut, I was really [close to] 155 before the fight with this work we’ve been doing, with lots of water in the body, and we believe we could easily make 145.

“If I had the opportunity to go straight for the 145 belt, I’d move down to fight. Also, if I had the opportunity to go straight for the 170 belt, I’d also move up to fight, but I believe it’s more viable to [drop down] to 145 instead of going to 170 at this moment.”

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
love this dude.
I remember making a thread of 5 potential opponents that might be able to beat Khabib and Oliveira was included on there. He wasn't ranked that high at the time but had the most submissions in the UFC at the time.

connor nut hugger chimed in and told me to take his name out and include Conor's name in there. LOL

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
As long as they aren't holding up any other fun fights, let that man fight for all the titles he wants.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
There plenty of good matches at his current division.
And this guy used to fuck his weight cut up all the time and often miss weight, he seems to have his cut to 155 down packed, would hate to see him mess with all that again.