General Olympics Disaster RBR.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Apparently there is a rogue brown bear on the loose by the softball stadium, but it escaped and nobody can find it now. Spotted on Tuesday and then again on Wednesday - inside the stadium grounds. :laughing:

“A guard found a bear inside Azuma Sports Park early in the morning yesterday. We also received similar information this morning,” a Fukushima police spokesman told the newspaper. “We couldn’t find or capture the bear, and while there won’t be any spectators at the stadium, we are on alert and searching for the bear around the site."

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Opening ceremonies have begun!

About half the athletes are marching in the Parade of Nations, in front of empty stands.

??

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Opening ceremonies have begun!

About half the athletes are marching in the Parade of Nations, in front of empty stands.

??
I found great deals on nippon airways first class suite. I was hyped at the idea of flying in style over the largest ocean...

1627043680064.png

Direct flight from Texas to Japan.

However the combination of Japan's xenophobia, lack of vaccinations, and comfort with lockdown made me skeptical that even next spring I could travel there without having to do some kind of foreigner focused quarantine.
Looking at the Olympics process I'm thinking more and more that's what will happen.