General On the topic of blistering guitar solos...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Dang, that's mellow. Nice.
the non live version is much better bc the orchestra doesnt drown out the lead guitsr. and shorter.

but i figured id give a live version a shot for the first time since i asumed youre probably a hardcore player and wouod like live better or something lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Holy fuck at that GoT vid- I had no idea B.Paisley could shred like that. WTF is he doing in auto insurance commercials.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Holy fuck at that GoT vid- I had no idea B.Paisley could shred like that. WTF is he doing in auto insurance commercials.
It's when he comes in an Nuno Bettencourt is looking all smug. Then Brad starts playing and they're all....wut?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
John Mayer is such a twat, but incredible guitarist.
I know a lot of people don’t care about the Dead, but John has done an incredible with the current incarnation of the band (Dead & Co.). He went in with an open mind and ended up really getting into it, and he’s done a tremendous job. He literally learned like 100 new songs, most of which are altered/improvised to be different each show. He was humble and went into it as the new kid in the group, and not like some hotshot young guitarist (which he is of course) that was going to have the spotilight.

my opinion of him has changed a lot over the past 5 years or so. I’ve always respected his ability because he’s damn good, but now I actually like him.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
When I think of economy of notes I always think of BB King. He could say more with 6 notes than most guys can in a 3 minute shredding solo.
When it comes to the three Kings, Albert was always my favorite. Followed by Freddie and then BB.

and I don’t say that to disagree with your comment, or to disparage BB. They were all awesome, that’s just my personal taste.