On 'TUF: Brazil 4,' Anderson Silva admits anti-inflammatory use, but insists no steroids

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Upon hearing news that he failed a drug test in connection with UFC 183, Anderson Silva denied using performance-enhancing drugs, but he admitted he took an anti-inflammatory prior to the Jan. 31 fight, as seen on the fourth episode of “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 4.”

The episode features the quarterfinals of a bantamweight tournament and documents Silva’s positive test as it unfolds. The ex-champ is seen answering a call from his co-manager, Ed Soares, following a training session with his team.

“What?” the ex-champ asks, according to the UFC’s translation of his native Portuguese. “What do you mean?”

“No, I didn’t take anything,” he continues as the camera adjusts to capture his face. “Hear me out. I never took anything like that. No way. I’ve never taken anything. I did take anti-inflammatory shots.

“No way! I’m telling you I didn’t do it! Are you crazy? I took hydroxocobalamin for three days. That was the only thing I took.”

On ‘TUF: Brazil 4,’ Anderson Silva admits anti-inflammatory use, but insists no steroids | MMAjunkie

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I didn't take steroids, I took an antiinflammatory...I took B vitamins. That's what he's said.

Just man up Anderson.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Can't stand it when someone lies through their teeth. He tested positive n 2 different occasions, his 1st and 3rd tests. While testing clean for his 2nd.

He's so fully f shit it's made the guy unbearable to me. Other members of his camp have tested positive for the exact same shit. It's a shame that he has single handily ruined his career by acting like a jackass in and out of the cage.

Also he doesn't even mention the sedatives he was caught for either. Guess those were vitamins

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i just took anti inflamatory shots every 2 days for the last 12 weeks o_O

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Does he think everyone is that gullable? He should have admitted it already and let us forgive him. The route he's chosen to go with this topic isn't making things better. We're not stupid.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If he would have admitted it from Day 1, expedited the hearing, and took his punishment...this would have been forgotten a month ago. These egomaniacs, being directed by legal teams, will never learn. Man up & move on. We tend to be a pretty forgiving society when people do so.