ONE adds fourth title fight to Japan debut with Kevin Belingon vs. Bibiano Fernandes trilogy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
ONE adds fourth title fight to Japan debut with Kevin Belingon vs. Bibiano Fernandes trilogy

Four titles will be on the line on ONE Championship’s first card in Japanese soil on March 31.

After having the longest run as a champion in promotion history seeing it end in a controversial split decision call in November, Bibiano Fernandes will meet Kevin Belingon a third time for the bantamweight gold in Tokyo, ONE’s Chatri Sityodtong announced.
ONE Championship: A New Era will take place at the Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan, and features lightweight champion Eduard Folayang defending his crown against Shinya Aoki in the main event.

In the co-main event, atomweight queen Angela Lee meets strawweight champion Xiong Jingnan. Another title bout featured on the card is two-division champion Aung La Nsang putting the middleweight title on the line versus Ken Hasegawa.

ONE’s first show in Tokyo also includes the promotional debut of former UFC champions Demetrious Johnson and Eddie Alvarez, taking on Yuya Wakamatsu and Timofey Nastyukhin, respectively, as part of the flyweight and lightweight tournaments.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Did they add soccer kicks and stomps.......................

/rhetorical statement

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Going all in but I still dont see them being anywhere as popular as Rizin in Japan.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Going all in but I still dont see them being anywhere as popular as Rizin in Japan.
They're not as committed to freak shows as Rizin so they're definitely going to have to work harder. Plus the event will be in a cage.

I'm still surprised that they aren't advertising DJ and Eddie more for this event. I get that they cater to the Asian audience but it seems silly to spend good money on them and not have them anywhere on the posters.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Cage + no soccer kicks + no stomps + 5 min rounds = UFC with little Asian men.....