ONE CEO explains why he ‘really wouldn’t’ sign McGregor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Singapore-based promotion company ONE Championship has so far welcomed a number of marquee names that were formerly part of the UFC roster. Two of them were ex-champions Eddie Alvarez and Demetrious Johnson, and most recently, former top prospect Sage Northcutt has joined the mix.

But as far as company founder and CEO Chatri Sityodtong is concerned, there is a limit to the big-named fighters they plan to sign. UFC two-division champion Conor McGregor, for one, he says, will never be part of his roster of talents.

“No, I really wouldn’t (sign him)...

ONE Championship CEO Chatri Sityodtong explains why he ‘really wouldn’t’ sign Conor McGregor

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's refreshing to read the thoughts of a professional MMA promoter like Chatri or Coker.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
No idea. I dont ask questions like that other than "are you on the show that's here?" when it comes to town. Not sure if she'll go to RAW.. may go to smackdown and work those girls over.
Hmm. I can see angles where that happens ahead of a 4 v 4 WrestleMania or survivor series. She's really fucken good at wrestling tho. Glad it's working out for her.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Hmm. I can see angles where that happens ahead of a 4 v 4 WrestleMania or survivor series. She's really fucken good at wrestling tho. Glad it's working out for her.
Its even better live. go to NXT.. trust me. So much fucking fun. the first time I saw her wrestle live, she did a run in on Dakota Kai(fucking hot btw) and surprised the shit out of us.. was epic.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Its even better live. go to NXT.. trust me. So much fucking fun. the first time I saw her wrestle live, she did a run in on Dakota Kai(fucking hot btw) and surprised the shit out of us.. was epic.
I'm gonna if it comes back to download in the UK next year for sure. Fuck the festival I like nxt

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Victor cui is worth 1 billion and chatri sityotong is worth 1.5 billion

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
its like saying " I want a Toyota Corolla instead of BMW"
yea ok we believe you

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
And the UFC is worth 5 billion?
and they have zero percent of the asian market. they tried going into china and failed. one fc is doing big things in their own market. there is billions of asians and less than half a billion americans ,canadians, austrailians, limeys etc. they have been doing pretty well considering there is not a lot of interest in the west

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Maybe, maybe not.

The one thing i know is he loves money otherwise he'd probably didn't have that much of it.

I believe that at this moment he thinks he wouldn't sign him, but when he's a free agent and gives them dips on negotiations, you better believe he will be on him like a fly on a turd.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Maybe, maybe not.

The one thing i know is he loves money otherwise he'd probably didn't have that much of it.

I believe that at this moment he thinks he wouldn't sign him, but when he's a free agent and gives them dips on negotiations, you better believe he will be on him like a fly on a turd.
its easy to say he wouldnt sign him when there will never be a chance of conor signing with them . even if he became a free agent ufc has matching rights. if he is ever in a clear and free position to walk he would more than likely go in to the fight business himself like floyd

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
and they have zero percent of the asian market. they tried going into china and failed. one fc is doing big things in their own market. there is billions of asians and less than half a billion americans ,canadians, austrailians, limeys etc. they have been doing pretty well considering there is not a lot of interest in the west
But still with so many less people watching, they are still over 5 times more worth than One FC. Unless I am seeing it wrong here. The thing is, where is the money? I think it is in the west.