ONE FC 26: What to Watch For

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

(ONE FC)
RJ Gardner

On Friday, April 24, 2015, Asia’s largest MMA promotion heads to the Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay, Philippines for ONE Championship: Valor of Champions

Asia has a rich and vibrant MMA history and while ONE FC isn’t PRIDE FC by any means, it is a great alternative to the major promotions here in the US. ONE FC’s roster is loaded with great talent and their fight cards are filled with exciting matchups.

Soccer Kicks and Better Judging

All of ONE FC’s fights take place outside of the US and as such they utilize the Global MMA Rule Set. This is important to fans for one reason…soccer kicks. Kicks are allowed to the head of a grounded opponent and that makes the ground and pound in ONE FC extremely exciting. In addition to the different rule set, ONE FC utilizes a much better judging system. Rather than using the antiquated 10-point must system from boxing, judges score the whole fight; no individual round scoring just a decision of who won the fight.

ONE FC 26: What to Watch For

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
obviously the article has some bias, on "better"
But I'm happy to see the highlighting of the global mma set and different judging at the top of the list for new fans

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Members - if you haven't seen a ONE event, try to catch one sometime. $10 - best value for your money in MMA, in my opinion. I hope that I can get up early enough tomorrow to watch Ben kick some ass.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
they had me at better judging..