One handed Rener rolling

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
LoL.

I rolled 1-handed with Rener last year.
The dude has like 7 or 8 extra hands

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
watch those 3 roll and pretend you don't see the belts...that purple was way ahead of Ari, but definitely not on the same level as the black.

2 years later, Ari gets a black belt.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Has Rener ever competed? I was impressed with how well his brother looked against Galvao.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Has Rener ever competed? I was impressed with how well his brother looked against Galvao.
Rener was very competitive until a back injury sidelined him. Ryron and Rener were both 'groomed' for the original UFC rules, both have respectable "ammy" level striking and excellent TDs. But when UFC went "MMA", and grappling went "IBJJF", their competitive outlets were limited. From talking to Rener, my opinion (FWIW) is that if he thought he could get in to competition shape without hurting his back, he'd be competing. About the only thing he and I have in common is middle-brother-competitive-complex. :) and the mean-streak that comes with it.

Rener vs Cassio. Ignore the controversial ending (Cassio tapped). But Rener has the tightest footlocks I've ever felt. And I've had my foot snatched by Eddie Cummings.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Rener was very competitive until a back injury sidelined him. Ryron and Rener were both 'groomed' for the original UFC rules, both have respectable "ammy" level striking and excellent TDs. But when UFC went "MMA", and grappling went "IBJJF", their competitive outlets were limited. From talking to Rener, my opinion (FWIW) is that if he thought he could get in to competition shape without hurting his back, he'd be competing. About the only thing he and I have in common is middle-brother-competitive-complex. :) and the mean-streak that comes with it.

Rener vs Cassio. Ignore the controversial ending (Cassio tapped). But Rener has the tightest footlocks I've ever felt. And I've had my foot snatched by Eddie Cummings.

Haha the classic Brazilian tap. You seemed to have and met and rolled with some good guys. Lucky you.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Haha the classic Brazilian tap. You seemed to have and met and rolled with some good guys. Lucky you.
I traveled quite a bit up and down the West Coast for work in my prior role with the company. So I'd always cut some time out to get privates or seminars with people who I think have interesting jiu-jitsu. My wife's family is in LA, so I have some regular places that I hit a couple times a year out there. Rener and I are definitely not friends (same for Ryron), but they know me well enough that if you mentioned my name they'd be like "Filthy? yeah, screw that guy."

;)

Nothing against them, nice enough guys, but I either click with you or I don't - and I don't worry too much about it either way. They're amazing teachers, maybe the best in the business.
I do have some good friends at GA, since I started in a CTC, and I make it point to visit with them whenever I find myself in Torrance.