Personal One of my German Shepherds died last night

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
I woke up this morning and found that my female shepherd died overnight. She would have been 10 in a few days. She seemed fine yesterday, and played outside as usual when I got home last night. She was curled up peacefully at the foot of my daughters bed. She is the one on the left in the picture.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Damn man. Sorry to hear that.
I know it doesn't help much but at least she was having a good life and happy to the end. better than slowly getting old and having a lot of pain like a lot of old dogs do.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Bummer bro
I am sure you gave her an excellent life and lots of love

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I guess really that's the best way you could hope for an old friend to go. Take solace in knowing you gave her a great life and relief in knowing that you weren't forced to guess on the "best" time to send her to the other side like it seems so many of our friends around here have had to do lately.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Sorry for your loss. That's good that her last time was spent being comfortable with who she loved and got to even go outside to play.

I am hoping your other dog was able to see that his companion passed away. Dogs have feelings and can tell when something's wrong. I've seen videos of dogs grieving and I feel horrible when a dog dies and another dog that lived with it just never finds out what happened to it.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Sorry for your loss. That's good that her last time was spent being comfortable with who she loved and got to even go outside to play.

I am hoping your other dog was able to see that his companion passed away. Dogs have feelings and can tell when something's wrong. I've seen videos of dogs grieving and I feel horrible when a dog dies and another dog that lived with it just never finds out what happened to it.
Max, my male Shepherd, is very much a giant doofus. He saw her and sniffed her right after I found her (as usual he was jealous that she might be getting some attention he was missing out on); but I don’t think he figured anything out. He was bent out of shape that he was not getting to go for a ride after he saw me carry her out to get dropped off at the vets for cremation. We will see what happens when I get home tonight. They have been together since he was a week old, so I expect him to miss her.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I’m so sorry Doc. It being so unexpected is crushing. Best wishes to you and your family. I hope the memories and all the people offering support give you some comfort.