Ordered my new mouse

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
Interesting. I seriously don't know how one mouse can be so much better. That one looks cool so sell me on it.
Every mouse is really about feel and preciseness - so when I said lasers I was kidding but not actually kidding. The laser tracking in this mouse is likely the best on the market. In my line of work I need the ability to insure my clicks are exactly where they need to be, as well as have the ability to multitask as quickly as possible. With this mouse you have horizontal scrolling, the ability to change desktops using the gesture button, and two more self-assigned functions of your choice. That makes navigating this

logic-windows.jpg

a bit easier for me. Also, the scroll wheel has a clutch mode you can activate and deactivate by touch, which gives or takes away the scroll 'click'. You can go 'line by line' or 'infinite' scrolling. This is cool because sometimes you may prefer smooth scrolling while utilizing some functions.

Of course, for the average person this may be unnecessary or overkill, for me it's a boon with the type of workflow I keep.

Lastly, ergonomics is important. I can't stress how easy it is to get carpal tunnel with the wrong mouse, lol

Last edited:

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Every mouse is really about feel and preciseness - so when I said lasers I was kidding but not actually kidding. The laser tracking in this mouse is likely the best on the market. In my line of work I need the ability to insure my clicks are exactly where they need to be, as well as have the ability to multitask as quickly as possible. With this mouse you have horizontal scrolling, the ability to change desktops using the gesture button, and two more self-assigned functions of your choice. That makes navigating this

logic-windows.jpg

a bit easier for me. Also, the scroll wheel has a clutch mode you can activate and deactivate by touch, which gives or takes away the scroll 'click'. You can go 'line by line' or 'infinite' scrolling. This is cool because sometimes you may prefer smooth scrolling while utilizing some functions.

Of course, for the average person this may be unnecessary or overkill, for me it's a boon with the type of workflow I keep.

Lastly, ergonomics is important. I can't stress how easy it is to get carpal tunnel with the wrong mouse, lol
Well, I had no idea! That's great man and now I'm pumped to upgrade! Sounds like some great features I didnt even know existed.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
Nice mouse. Laser mice are where it's at. What dpi?
Technical Specifications
Sensor technology:
Darkfield Laser sensor
  • Nominal value : 1000 dpi
  • Minimal and maximal value : 400 dpi to 1600 dpi (can be set in increments of 200 dpi)
Battery life: up to 40 days on a single full charge*
Battery: rechargeable Li-Po (500 mAh) battery
Number of buttons: 5
Scroll wheel: Yes
Gesture button: Yes
Wireless operating distance: 32 ft (10 m)

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Love my Razer DeathAdder. Pretty basic, but precise and comfortable. Let us know how it feels when you get it Abe.
razer-deathadder-be-gallery-1.png

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
Little more info.....

Laser Optics

Laser tracking is known for precision. This accuracy is achieved by angling the laser light to capture specular reflection, which illuminates greater surface contrasts.

Stronger light source and more efficient sensor placement typically make laser mice superior to standard optical mice, especially for the variety of surfaces on which it tracks.
more-mousing-on-more-surfaces.png
Advanced Optics
Logitech borrowed a page from laser optics technology when creating our advanced LED optics. By angling the LED and repositioning the sensor, Advanced Optical Tracking processes more surface contrast and responds like a laser mouse.

Darkfield Technology
Both optical and traditional laser mice use irregularities on the surface to track the direction and speed of the mouse movements. For this reason, traditional mice do not perform well on shiny surfaces. This is where Darkfield Laser Tracking comes in. Darkfield uses the smallest possible detail to create a micro-road map of the surface so you get better precision on more surfaces, even glass.
20136.jpg

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Never in a million years did I realize there was so much to know about mice. I just get the $12.99 ones from Wal-Mart and roll with it.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
Most comfortable mouse I've ever had. Fits in my palm like a glove. Also, smoothest movement amongst any mouse I've used.

I'm loving this....!