General Oregon Pioneering Mushroom legalization

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i support legalization of mushrooms and weeds but thats where i draw the line. i dont want to here any legalize all drugs bullshit. crack meth heroin fentynal etc need to be illegal

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
i support legalization of mushrooms and weeds but thats where i draw the line. i dont want to here any legalize all drugs bullshit. crack meth heroin fentynal etc need to be illegal
The thing is, it doesn't stop there. States see revenue and want in on it.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I didn't even know this was illegal.
Where I'm at we've shroomed for generations, going way back to my great great great grandpappy, Clayton Cubensis IV.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The thing is, it doesn't stop there. States see revenue and want in on it.
there is a couple small groups in canada who are trying to get all drugs legalized. some of them are the same people who fought for weed to be legal then suddenly found themselves out of a job when it was legalized.others are bleeding heart poverty activists who feel its unfair to punish street junkies for possession.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I don't use anything but I can't think or any good reason not to legalize everything .

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Well you obviously haven't seen the effects some of these drugs have on people.
I sure have. I also know that the drugs being illegal did nothing to stop the effects, and that the laws aren't doing anything to slow the opiate crisis we're in the middle of. Someone who wants drugs is going to get them, it's that simple. Right now treatment in Canada isn't regulated. Why? Not enough money to go around. It might be time to recognize the war on drugs for the failure it is and start using those resources for different things.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You have obviously never been addicted to drugs
Sure haven't, but it's not the law that stops me from using drugs. I always find it funny, people always think their drug should be legal "but not that other stuff, it's too dangerous."

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Sure haven't, but it's not the law that stops me from using drugs. I always find it funny, people always think their drug should be legal "but not that other stuff, it's too dangerous."
you have no idea what you are talking about

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
others are bleeding heart poverty activists who feel its unfair to punish street junkies for possession.
Who cares about if its fair or unfair, its financially irresponsible. What a waste of money.

What good does arresting a street junkie for possession do?

Do you honestly think it discourages addicts or drug use? A junkie is going to score drugs regardless of the legal status. Arresting a junkie to then have it either dropped in court or hell, even punished, is a giant waste of money.

Do you think it would be feasible to jail all junkies? Would you be willing to increase your taxes to do so? Would it make you feel safer?

Junkies are going to use drugs until they are able to deal with the issues that drove the addictive behaviors, jail wont prevent that. It will sober them up for a few months at a massive cost to tax payers only to have the majority relapse again when they are released back into the same community of drug users and poverty they were arrested in.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Well you obviously haven't seen the effects some of these drugs have on people.

Also

Probably the stupidest thing I've read all day
Laws dont discourage hard drug use, it has been proven time and time again.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
I sure have. I also know that the drugs being illegal did nothing to stop the effects, and that the laws aren't doing anything to slow the opiate crisis we're in the middle of. Someone who wants drugs is going to get them, it's that simple. Right now treatment in Canada isn't regulated. Why? Not enough money to go around. It might be time to recognize the war on drugs for the failure it is and start using those resources for different things.
This. Drug prevention and treatment services are way underfunded and not accessible.

A youth I work with completed an intake into a local detox program today, it took three weeks and about 7 appointments to make this happen. When someone hits rock bottom and decides they need help, they should be able to access help immediately. The majority of users will hit rock bottom, decide to make a change but before that opportunity to access treatment comes to light, they will be back using drugs because the process took too long and they moved out of crisis mode or are no longer feeling at rock bottom. Additionally, the average addict will not be able to string together enough good days to make and attend the half dozen or so appointments it required to string together to be even considered for detox and treatment. As well, services for adults are even harder to access.