VID OUTRAGEOUS: Mighty Mouse vs. Henry Cejudo

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
all I know
is that I was so tired of Rogan pushing MM as the p4p best ever I started rooting against him so I didn't have to hear that again
I also prefer larger fighters with more KO power and they are slower so I can actually see WtF is going on
was happy henry won...was really fucking close so I didn't know what the judges would decide
MMA judging is a total joke
Are you not entertained with the finishes DJ has?

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
all I know
is that I was so tired of Rogan pushing MM as the p4p best ever I started rooting against him so I didn't have to hear that again
I also prefer larger fighters with more KO power and they are slower so I can actually see WtF is going on
was happy henry won...was really fucking close so I didn't know what the judges would decide
MMA judging is a total joke
That's the thing here. MM didn't have much good will on his side from years of taking the safe route. I think that is really the only issue here. To me the decision is so lopsided that I am shocked anyone could think otherwise...

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Sorry Haulport @Haulport but due to this thread I went and watched the fight. We usually agree about tight decisions, but on this one, going by the 10 point must system, which we're unfortunately subject to, Cejudo clearly took that fight. Round 2 and 4 are the main ones to debate. In round 2, so little happened that Cejudo's dominant ground control where he was working the pass and threw in a few shots unfortunately has to count for more than the few strikes both landed. Cejudo took rounds 2, 4, and 5, in my view, albeit barely.

He was actively trying to pass the whole time he was on the ground and even threw a couple solid shots in the 4th. DJ is my favorite fighter of all time, but justice was done for Miguel Torres that day.
No worries. Amiable disagreement is what keeps things interesting.

I just can't agree with the 2nd round. Henry laid on MM for a little over a min and before that I counted 7 extremely hard shots landed by MM and only 3 by Henry. That is an extremely clear advatage in the striking that to me can't be undone by try-and-pass-the-guard so I look active and accompany it with a few pitty -pat punches. MM hurt Henry with his 2nd round striking and Henry laid on MM for a minute. In the UR that is more than enough to win a round and it is a clear win with my scoring.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Here's the thing. 1) You're completely discounting what constititues "effective grappling". 2) You're willfully ignoring that both of the takedowns you're referring to took place in rounds that were close in terms of effective striking. I can see how any of the rounds that Cejudo won were close, but pretending that it was some sort of unjust robbery is craziness. I've explained it to you, kneeblock @Maroon has explained it to you, the people who apply the rules disagree with you but you're insisting it's everyone else who doesn't know what they're talking about.
That's usually what a fundamental disagreement is made up of. A lot of people saying one thing and someone disagreeing.

Failing to pass MM's guard for over a min is not effective grappling. The take-down and holding him in place was effective. And then it comes down to deciding if someone hitting u very hard at least 7 times and visibly hurting ur leg in a round where you hit him hard only three times but take him down, fail to pass his guard but hold him in place is more point worthy or not.

To me, effective grappling is putting ur opponent in jeopardy. If Henry took him down, passed his guard and had him fighting off mount attempts or subs or heavy GnP then I wouldn't be arguing. Taking a guy down, holding him there and failing to pass his guard is not particularly effective........

This particular example is also why the UR are so god dammed terrible. There is zero direction on what constitutes effective grappling (striking is a lot easier to identify what is effective - grappling is a very complex aspect of MMA) and there is no distinction between which is more important: effective striking or effective grappling...

Last edited: