VID Outweighed by 70 pounds Mackenzie Dern just beat Gabi Garcia at Abu Dhabi World Pro Video: Ou

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

He doesn’t know why but Royce Gracie cried in his Raisin Bran this morning because of Mackenzie Dern. While Gracie wonders why his allergies are acting up and questions the emotions he feels on the inside, the jiu-jitsu world watched Dern upset Gabi Garcia at Abu Dhabi World Pro 2015. Somebody give Royce a hug today and tell him everything is going to be okay.

Jiu-Jitsu works and it’s okay to cry about it during breakfast.

In jiu-jitsu sometimes skill can overcome size and after five previous attempts Dern finally climbed Mount Garcia and walked away with her hand raised. The loss was Garcia’s first since 2009. After beating Garcia, Dern would bring gold back to the USA and won the women’s open weight finals at Abu Dhabi World Pro.

Video: Outweighed by 70 pounds Mackenzie Dern just beat Gabi Garcia at Abu Dhabi World Pro

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Nice...Mackenzie is a bad bitch and she just happens to be cute as hell.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So how did she win? All i see is red # 1 next to gabi's name.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
found it from youtube- It's hard to see, but Gabi apparently got a penalty at around 0:25 due to an illegal grip on MacKenzie's pants (that particular grip is illegal because if your opponent tried to remove it, s/he might break your fingers).

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
Dern was great in this match. She was pretty good in the finals against Michele Nicolini as well.

Shy Guy

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You think there's any pro WMMA girls that could compete with these types in strictly Bjj?
I don't. I think these girls that compete and make a living strictly through BJJ and no-gi grappling are on another level. There aren't many elite women grapplers in the world but they destroy all the top MMA women in grappling. I think it would be interesting to see Ronda compete in grappling. I think she would do well but I don't see her dominating girls like she does in MMA. She has a slight size advantage on Mackenzie but I would love to see them go at it at Metamoris. It will never happen but that's a dream matchup for me.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
It wasn't the most satisfying kind of win---I couldn't even tell what happened, score-wise---but a huge moral victory. She was outweighed by 600 pounds. Like GSP beating Carwin in wrestling or something.

Gabi's a monster...in a way, sucks for her because she can never be David in a Goliath matchup. She's probably expected to win each and every time out.

Shy Guy

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Here is a really cool Mackenzie Dern highlight video I came across a month ago.