Over head DB press

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Looking to see of anyone has a similar issue to mine.

When I do these I need to start with really light weight due to discomfort. I start with a set of 20X25lbs and almost every rep I'm grimacing a bit. It feels like there's a little cord on the top of my rotator cuff that moves from front to back every time my upper arm is about parallel with the floor. The 25lbs is challenging because I'm worried my arm will just drop. Usually the second set I grab 35s-40s and by the 6th rep or so I'm good and can go heavier for my last 2 sets without issue.

Anybody know what's this is about or experienced it themselves?

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
Looking to see of anyone has a similar issue to mine.

When I do these I need to start with really light weight due to discomfort. I start with a set of 20X25lbs and almost every rep I'm grimacing a bit. It feels like there's a little cord on the top of my rotator cuff that moves from front to back every time my upper arm is about parallel with the floor. The 25lbs is challenging because I'm worried my arm will just drop. Usually the second set I grab 35s-40s and by the 6th rep or so I'm good and can go heavier for my last 2 sets without issue.

Anybody know what's this is about or experienced it themselves?
Go and see a physiotherapist, or google the sh*t out of Kelly Starret videos.

One thing that I've learned when lifting weights in general is that you need to do a 2:1 ratio of pulling to pushing. I had a shoulder impingement and serratus problems, like really bad problems, tons of back/pulling work and stretching = better than ever.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Similar feeling.
I did my infraspinatis on both sides.
Really limits range of motion without pain