General Pacific Fleet drama unfolding!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Making its own thread because it's too much and happening all right now.

Pacific fleet Captain gets removed. There's he said she said over a memo that got written and CC to like 30 people and then to the news. Captain gets removed. That in its own right is not that big of a deal.
But then it starts coming out that Pentagon officials overrode Navy officials who didn't want to remove the guy right now because it disrupts operations in the Pacific. Navy officials wanted to remove him later on.
There's implication that the White House pressured the firing but it seems more like the secretary of the Navy preempted that by firing him because he was worried the White House would weigh in and wanted to avoid that.

So people are back and forth at whether the captain should be removed. But that really isn't the story. there's a change.org petition and there's going to be a senator investigation and there's already a normal Navy investigation.

Then this crazy stuff happens at 3:00 a.m. this morning.
after firing the captain the Secretary of the Navy sends addess over the intercom to the sailors who felt like the captain got screwed.

Holy shit if this is real...

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/wy107Ru

Supposedly this is modlys speech on the 1mc or teddy Roosevelt crew.
That's so poorly written I assume its a cutie pie but it was uploaded by someone that was in the Navy (doxxed) and the online Navy forums are in whispers about a speech that occurred.
So laugh and let's see if the audio leaks.
It's so poorly written that it seems like it might be fake. But the account that leaked it was not a fake so people are thinking it's real....

Sure enough New York times has confirmed it and audio has now leaked...

This is completely unprofessional by the Secretary of the Navy. This will throw the entire Navy chain of command into drama which is exactly what you didn't want out of all of this. This divides the enlisted versus the chain against each other. Completely the opposite of removing the captain to reinforce the chain of command.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Insane right?!?
Wtf was he thinking?

I don't see how this ends without the secretary of the Navy resigning. He's only acting and I think he has to be confirmed. I don't see how he gets confirmed

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Insane right?!?
Wtf was he thinking?

I don't see how this ends without the secretary of the Navy resigning. He's only acting and I think he has to be confirmed. I don't see how he gets confirmed
This isn't my Navy. Goddamn millennials.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
these bitches are all twitter beefing

keep that shit behind closed doors

both using media now

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
the fact that he has the gumption to quote Mattis, and to do so with absolutely no self-awareness of how it pertains to him...Holy Fuck.
At a time when the nation needs confidence in the Navy, in their ability to deliver floating hospitals and supplies to coastal cities...this goddamn clown is politicizing it and making it about loyalty.

"No Fear, running right in to COVID"?
those sailors aren't that stupid, and even though they'll have to explain it to the marines, he just called the whole fucking crew cowards and said their cowardice and the cowardice of their leadership has put their families and their nation at risk.

I.
want.
to.
punch.
him.

the hubris, the lack of self-awareness, the fixation on loyalty...this reflects horribly on the leadership that put him in that position.
Go Navy.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Chief @Chief
I mean the social media style airing of dirt behaviors of the NavySec and the Pacific Fleet captain
Keep that shit private/confidential fellas

two wrongs don't make a right

both those dudes were out of line IMO

Last edited:

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The US Navy should stick to doing what it currently does best - use taxpayer dollars to ferry critical medical supplies to private companies, so that they can price gouge states and rip taxpayers off even more.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
They should have just removed the Captain and said nothing. They don't owe anyone a explanation other than he broke the rules. Anyone in the Military or have ever served understands this.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
They should have just removed the Captain and said nothing. They don't owe anyone a explanation other than he broke the rules. Anyone in the Military or have ever served understands this.
Agreed.
apparently navy brass wanted to do basically that. They wanted to remove the capt but they knew it would be a spectacle right now so they wanted to sit on it for a second let it all settle down and move on.
Secnav was worried that if you did that Trump would weigh in and then it becomes a spectacle.

So what does he do? Just makes it the biggest spectacle it could possibly be. Curses during a formal statement to the crew. Implies the captain, that is very popular with the enlisted, is a stupid coward... To the enlisted.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Is this about the guy who quit because the corona virus measures on board shit we're lax?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Agreed.
apparently navy brass wanted to do basically that. They wanted to remove the capt but they knew it would be a spectacle right now so they wanted to sit on it for a second let it all settle down and move on.
Secnav was worried that if you did that Trump would weigh in and then it becomes a spectacle.

So what does he do? Just makes it the biggest spectacle it could possibly be. Curses during a formal statement to the crew. Implies the captain, that is very popular with the enlisted, is a stupid coward... To the enlisted.
Oh this sounds different to what I read this morning...

A good 12 hours ago I was reading about some shit. I can't remember exactly but it was definitely a top dude in the US Navy and it wasn't this story.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
the chain of command, in theory, only really works because of the push to 'resolve all issues at the lowest possible level'...which means you don't jump the chain going up, and you don't jump the chain going down.

if you have a problem with your boss, you tell his boss. You don't send a firey email to the Admiral. And the reverse is true - if the Admiral wants you fired, he tells your boss to fire you, and lets him choose the time and place.

it just feels like perverse 'virtue' signalling to the Executive, like Modley was just trying to make sure that whoever gave him the memo with 3 talking points on it heard him go hard on those points for 15m.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
a Navy friend just told me "speaking of 'too stupid or naive to command'..."

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I like them Navy boys.
Everytime we gotta go fight, y'all give us a ride.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
There was a bunch of gay rape on the last navy ship I was getting a ride from.